• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting ideas for ferment

Cream Fatalii, Dong Xuan Viet Market, Inca Red
Drop, Rain Forest, Trinidad Perfume, Seasoning Pepper, Brazilian Starfish, and CGN 21500

These are what I will have to work with pretty soon.... All from a sfrb auction from wicked mike.... Haven't had any of them before....
My ferment experience has mostly been cut up orange habs, toss in a jar with garlic and some carrot, add a bit of agave nectar and top with salt and water and let it go.... Looking for something simple still, but a bit more complicated.... I do extremely small batches, I'm the only one who likes the heat....

Any suggestions on combinations of pods to use?

Not sure how its gonna turn out.... Blended everything, then set it to simmer.... Added a bit of vinegar and lime juice and garlic with the intention of blending it again after adding in the rest of the pods I have.... Realized I didn't have time, so I let it cool and put it back in the jar and its in the fridge until tomorrow after work when I have more time....
Gonna check the heat level and add in more pods based on that and thicken it up a bit more....

Back