• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

If you send one woozy in the US, what packaging do you use

Ok last Christmas I scoured the forums and didn't really come up with a good cost effective solution.  I also spent a considerable amount of time web searching for good packaging.  I never did find a place that had a perfect box which I figure would be 2 1/4" x 7 3/4".  In the end I was about to order from 2 1/2" tubes from tubesrus.com but the length wasn't suitable.

Anyhow, I'm sure some of you ship woozys (in the US) for xmas, what do you use?

Just visited your suggested link and if that is the case you can just use a paper towel tube and cut it to size then go to the post office and have it weighted. My guess is an SFRB is a beeper deal. Any want to chime in?

SFRB are a bit tight for woozys and I've had a couple bottles get broken in shipment.  Breakage was rare, maybe 2 or 3 out of 30 total shipments but it was enough that I needed a different solution.

This is what I found at uline.  They are .37 each when you buy 100 boxes.  I have not shipped a single box, so I don't know the cost vs SFRB.  But I do know that 3 of them will fit inside a padded flat rate envelope for around $7.

Here is another thread talking about similar stuff, maybe one of the other options will work for you.  :)

Back