• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

If you were to start a store...

Sydtunes said:
I agree with all. People are generally willing to pay a little more for a healthy, large plant than for smaller seedlings. You gotta have the sauces and the pods out on display with small samples of each so people can actually taste before planting (buying).

That pic Potawie posted, on "buddy's" shirt is written "Papa Pimentas" which in Portuguese means "Pepper Daddy"...

Lovin' it! Who's your daddy now!!!:lol:

I took it as 'Father Pepper"..a twist on Father Christmas lol...was making out my christmas list already.

A neighbor up the street sells compost tea with worms in it. I haven't tried it yet, but a couple of people have said it's the cat's meow when it comes to organic soil supplements.

Mike

wordwiz said:
A neighbor up the street sells compost tea with worms in it. I haven't tried it yet, but a couple of people have said it's the cat's meow when it comes to organic soil supplements.

Mike

It must taste awfull!!! :lol:

wordwiz said:

Mike

Compost tea with worms in it? Compst tea is just worm castings (poop) in water and it's left to sit for 24 hours (so easy to make, just do it yourself...much cheaper than buying it). Those worms would be dead and drowned.

IGG,

Not what this person makes. If I can remember his setup completely: He grinds up what's left of a bit of his compost (in a food grinder) and adds water. It runs through a pump that recirculates the water at a very slow rate. The tea apparently does not worms, per se, but worm eggs in it.

I can ask the person who sells it for the recipe, just in case you are thirsty! J/K

Mike

RowBear - I am only going to sell seedlings...

Mike...there is another idea for you...shade cloth and fitings like RowBear said...don't know how much demand there would be for shade cloth in Ohio though...

AlabamaJack said:
RowBear - I am only going to sell seedlings...

Mike...there is another idea for you...shade cloth and fitings like RowBear said...don't know how much demand there would be for shade cloth in Ohio though...
AJ,

Since I would not be able to buy all the stuff I would need at first, I would offer to order things the odd buyer may want.

For shade cloth, I would probably use something like what we used when we raised tobacco beds. It allowed plenty of light to the seedlings but not so much that it would burn them.

Mike

Back