• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

if your pepper leaves look like this, no worry. it's infested with spider mite

this is my experiment with poinsettia. in order to test my natural pest repellent formula, i let it infested with spider mites. pepper leaves will look like this.

35262233120_b4deb12be3_c.jpg

35480564592_36a740a3ca_c.jpg

35480564132_5339fbdf94_c.jpg

34807772914_dc36179d51_c.jpg

let's zoom in.

35262233580_6533695ffd_c.jpg

34840051543_8bf99a2e59_c.jpg

34807772684_ef8661c3a4_c.jpg

35480563102_18df232d23_c.jpg

I just lost 3 Tomatillo plants to these little buggers. Oddly enough they are not touching the pepper plants growing right next to them. Likewise the aphids on some of my pepper plants go no where near the tomatillos. Would like to know if your "poinsettia natural pest repellent formula" works out. 

Reactions: lek
I see no webs,might be Broad mites.

Spider mites were easy to kill for me.

Broad mites are very hard to control.

The fungus treatments semi control mites,sulfur based.

Sulfur and water make Sulfuric acid,under the right conditions...

DON'T SPRAY IN THE DAY/SUN!
BURNS YOUR PLANTS.
I spray at dusk or at gray light.

Wow, I thought some of my plants had a Magnesium deficiency but now I know it is a mite infestation.  Checked under the leaves and boom!  They were there.  Thanks very much for posting these pics.

So, what's the result? Now that the plant is infested, what's in your homemade repellent and any luck fighting back the infection?

austin87 said:
So, what's the result? Now that the plant is infested, what's in your homemade repellent and any luck fighting back the infection?
my attempt #13.  although the result is not satisfied but population of mite does not increase.   since mites are very small, i think i need a really good natural surfactant and something that can repair plant tissue. so i think i have to include Aloe Barbadensis in my formula.  i will create super cool bio thin film to coat pepper leaves.    :party:

lek said:
my attempt #13.  although the result is not satisfied but population of mite does not increase.   since mites are very small, i think i need a really good natural surfactant and something that can repair plant tissue. so i think i have to include Aloe Barbadensis in my formula.  i will create super cool bio thin film to coat pepper leaves.    :party:

Cool keep us updated. I think most people like to go natural assuming it is as effective (both cost-wise and results-wise) to pesticides, etc.

Back