vendor Ignite

Folks, I highly recommend checking out Ignite (aka PepperGeek) for fresh pods. I received a SFRB from him last week and it was awesome! The Defcon7's were blistering hot. Right up there with Morugas and Red Brains..Heck, the whole box was superb!

I'm still thinking about you, Judy!!!!

I got an SRFB from Ignite with several 7 Pot Jonahs and a few MOA Scotch Bonnets today (I asked for whatever SBs he had leftover, and he graciously accommodated). This little basket of hellfire came just one day after I received some Moruga Scorps from another grower/vendor, so my blender's been working overtime (not a bad problem to have).

I kicked off the festivities by rinsing and eating an MOA Scotch Bonnet whole. Great traditional pepper taste with a moderate warmth equal to that of a lower Hab. Really enjoyable. Then I ate a sliver off the bottom of a 7-Pot Jonah pod I just cut up, and didn't feel much, so cut directly through the center of one to reveal a rich vein of placenta that quite literally dripped with oils and moisture. I promptly ate about half of that pod, and after a minute ticked by I felt like I had just self-immolated. It's my first go with a 7-Pot Jonah, and apparently they're creepers, because this one took it's time plodding along with crampons over my tongue, before escalating to a full sprint down my esophagus. Needless to say I'm very pleased, and would definitely repeat.

Pros: Big healthy, fleshy pods. The beefy size of the 7-pot Jonahs is well established, and these are no exception. What's evident is that these are lovingly grown exotic super-hot pods for under $20. You'd be hard pressed to equal this value for your dollar in many other places. If you can find a way to process them into purees, sauces, or powders, they're the quintessential gift that keeps on giving.

Cons: None. I actually wanted to find something for talking points, but I have no complaints.

Flavor: Sweetish, though I wouldn't be tempted to call this a citrus taste. I believe that's overused because of the poverty of terms to describe peppers. There are notes of something subtropical here, maybe more Grumichama, without ever getting too far away from the classic capsicum chinense family. Unlike the sometimes overpowering and distinct flavor of classic Scorps and the Naga Morich, or the grassiness of the browns, this is closer to the traditional cooking pepper taste.

Heat Profile: Because of the delay you may be lulled into a false sense of security early, but before you can yell "Krakatoa!" Ignite's 7-Pot Jonahs feel like charcoal briquettes flashing and flaring their way through your digestive tract. I've heard the SHU ceiling on Jonahs is typically around 1.4 million. These were every bit of that number and maybe more. I just had a Moruga Scorp yesterday, and this rivaled that in heat to give you some perspective.

A few pics highlighting the palatable and picturesque quality of these pods:

b_IMG_1281_zps7e3a25ab.jpg

b_IMG_1288_zpsc286025d.jpg

b_IMG_1291_zps6396bf7f.jpg

b_IMG_1293_zpsdd6dfa1e.jpg

Just got these beautiful peppers from Ignite. Never fails to send great product. I am not sure how to tell the red superhots apart. I know the Bahamian Goats are next to the Yellow Daisy Cutters and the red SB7J are next to the MOA's. Not sure how to tell the Defcon 7's from the 7 pot Jonah's. Anyways, very excited. I ate a Bahamian Goat and it was delicious. Thanks Ignite!

waHlIHV.jpg

The Defcon 7 has a different skin texture than the Jonah.  Going from left to right (top left bunch) you have a Defcon 7, Jonah, Defcon 7, Defcon 7, Defcon 7, Jonah.  All three in the top right bunch are Jonah.

Thanks!

So has anyone heard from ignite anytime recently?!  I placed an order for some MOA scotch bonnets from his website "peppergeek," on the 15th of December.  I received notification from paypal that the transaction went through... and that is it.  On his website he has now listed the MOA scotch bonnet as out of stock.  I think he may have sold me seeds that he was out of.  I tried emailing him to let him know I would gladly accept an alternative pepper, as its getting close to when I was going to germinate all 30 of my chinense varieties at once.    I have not received any correspondence regarding the transaction despite multiple attempts to email him.  

Ignite said:
Thanks for all of the kind words!  My wife and I strive very hard to deliver a great fresh pepper and I'm glad that all of you have enjoyed what we sent you.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about your order.  

Thanks again and have a great night (for you east coast folks :))
Ignite said:
Thanks for all of the kind words!  My wife and I strive very hard to deliver a great fresh pepper and I'm glad that all of you have enjoyed what we sent you.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about your order.  

Thanks again and have a great night (for you east coast folks :))

Back