• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Iguanas must DIE!!!!!!

We have an infestation of iguanas and they were ok sitting on top of my shop eating my vining weeds. BUT, just this morning I found one of my pepper plants that I've been trying to get back to fruiting health was totally decimated by them. The branches were broken and most of it was eaten. I am so upset. Now I have to find a way to get them off my new pavers patio I set up for my plants.

Time to get the pellet gun out of storage.

Angie

Spicytigger said:
We have an infestation of iguanas and they were ok sitting on top of my shop eating my vining weeds. BUT, just this morning I found one of my pepper plants that I've been trying to get back to fruiting health was totally decimated by them. The branches were broken and most of it was eaten. I am so upset. Now I have to find a way to get them off my new pavers patio I set up for my plants.

Angie

I have the same problem. I shoot them all the time, those and the rats. I have a bb gun single pump when you crack the barrel. It's pretty deadly. If your iguana has some good size to it, they taste pretty good too btw. Whenever they see me, even if they're on the seawall next door, they scatter. Haven't had too many problems since, especially with the cats going outside too

queequeg152 said:
you guys need a COOOOOOOOLD winter... finish em all off.

We had a cold spell a few years ago and you could hear them drop from the rubber tree across the canal at night. Thought we were rid of them till the city cut the tree back to clear the canal thruway. Then they came back with a vengeance. Bigger and bolder.

Angie

I use to breed and collect reptiles and they were never a nuisance. But I would be pissed if they decimated my garden and they would surely become part of my diet :)
D3monic said:
I wish I had an iguana problem... or any lizards. One the many things I miss about living in AZ. IL sucks.
ive had a few collard lizards from AZ. Also they have the gila monsters which are really cool lizards. The desert iguana in AZ is also a nice lizard but are dwarfs compared to the ones in this thread

SavinaRed said:
I use to breed and collect reptiles and they were never a nuisance. But I would be pissed if they decimated my garden and they would surely become part of my diet :)
ive had a few collard lizards from AZ. Also they have the gila monsters which are really cool lizards. The desert iguana in AZ is also a nice lizard but are dwarfs compared to the ones in this thread

Never seen a desert iguana there. We had tons of the wall lizards, horny toads and these cute pink house geckos. I have a friend in CO that has a pet Gila monster. Thing is pretty bad ass. 

Spicytigger said:

Angie

Dont want to sound ignorant..but are iguanas wild in west palm beach?

My favorite Maine Coon plopped himself right on one of my prized pepper plants today.  Then swished the one behind him repeatedly with his huge tail.  Talk about grating ones nerves...  My eye twitched with each swish....

"Hey sweetie get your tush off my plants".    "Come on now dear, listen to mama".  "Teddy get your load stone butt off my plants"  "OFFFFF!!!!"  Arghhh....

badnews222 said:
Dont want to sound ignorant..but are iguanas wild in west palm beach?

They are an invasive species in South Florida. West Palm Beach has enough of them to hire exterminators.

16223723929_90aaf17de7_c.jpg

If this guy, or one of his friends, gets into my plants... I'm making iguana tacos.

iguanas are assholes too from what i recall reading... they don't just runoff like a good wild animal, some just hold up and hiss at you.

i had to google 'main coon' to figure out what you were talking about... thats a HUGE cat, had no idea.

Back