• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm in hell!!

I reached over just now to steal a bite from my gal's hotdog and to my horror...she put...she...put...F%#KING MAYONAISSE on it!! Oh my Lawd', take me Jesus please take me now!!
She gives me flak for my peppers and hotsauce but then she does this! Does anyone else have a significant other that every once in a while does something that makes you just want to rrrrraaaaallllppppphhhhh???

Umm probably a loner here, but I'm with your lady. Love a little mayo on a dog/buger. Definately not a stand alone condiment, but gives it a little somethin different.

O.K. now I'm worked up!
This reminds me of the comercial where the woman eates 45 gumi bears and 16 cherry tomatos for dinner.
gum shoe pork anyone?

mayo on a burger i can understand..but a hot dog!? can't say i've heard/seen that one ever. i have no significant other though heh so fortunately i've never dealt with this problem yet. i do have some roommates though..and have not cared for them sometimes cooking certain types of fish. ie. the aroma that lingers for a while afterwards.

The mayo thang' only reminded me of a tragedy that happened many moons ago. Prior to getting married back in the day, I went to meet the future in-laws and was enlisted to cook. I whooped up a perfect medium rare sea salt crusted prime rib. I also did a lemon-black peppercorn ceasar salad to go with. Her family drowned the rib in ketchup and poured thousand island all over the ceasar salad. I didn't hang around to see what they did to my Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake. Lucky for them the GLOCK 9mm was at home.

texas blues said:
The mayo thang' only reminded me of a tragedy that happened many moons ago. Prior to getting married back in the day, I went to meet the future in-laws and was enlisted to cook. I whooped up a perfect medium rare sea salt crusted prime rib. I also did a lemon-black peppercorn ceasar salad to go with. Her family drowned the rib in ketchup and poured thousand island all over the ceasar salad. I didn't hang around to see what they did to my Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake. Lucky for them the GLOCK 9mm was at home.

Well, then you had plenty of warning as to what you were getting into, so butch up. It's not like she eats unripe peppers or uses smilies or anything really awful.

Pam, no longer married to that gal that I cooked dinner for her family. Learned my lesson. I guess I am a touch prima donna when it comes to cooking and eating.

texas blues said:
Pam, no longer married to that gal that I cooked dinner for her family. Learned my lesson.

Oops, I guess you did. Sorry

I guess I am a touch prima donna when it comes to cooking and eating.

Ha! I think we all have our prima donna moments.

When I was a kid, my grandparents had a bait and tackle shop on Houghton Lake, MI. I also lived in Dundee for a year. My folks were born in MI. Funny..I was born in San Antonio TX. Pops was military. Great memories of Michigan but haven't been there in 30 years.

Growing up I can remember my Grandmother making this huge pot of Homemade Chicken Dumpling Soup....(grandma was from the old country and could cook like no other)...Grandpa took a big bowl of the soup and dowsed it with ketchup...boy oh boy....Out came the cast iron fry pan...she smacked him right up alongside the head and damn near knocked him out...Thinking back on it I still laugh my butt off especially at the look on Granpas face!!!LOL

Sounds like he deserved to be hit. Ketchup is great for three things - hot dogs, french fries, and making BBQ sauce. Maybe a few other fringe things...but not on homemade soup.

Back