• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

I'm not naming names...

...really I'm not.

I'm planning on entering a contest in a couple of weeks and I'm drawing a blank on what to call it.

So I was wondering, aside from associating it with the type of pepper you use or a witty burn-ur-bum phrase. How does everyone here come up with their names? ...Like do you pull them out of a hat or ...?

Think of something interesting, and pull out a thesarus. Sometimes Ill just check out whats in the dictionary and see what strikes my mind as worthy of the sauce/product. I have a bunch of homemade stuff that all my buddys call Gizmos Select. Me being gizmo cause Ill take apart anything and fix it or start from scratch with a bunch of broken nothings and pull something out of the hat and make something interesting.

Avoid puns. How many "Datil Dew..." sauces are there?

Don't try to be too witty or clever. It may come across as cheesy (if not pulled off) or pretentious.

Do what fits. Rhyming is cool.

I like evil and dark names but that's me. What do you like? There's your name ;)

Your login name is a good place to start!

Secretz Sauce

how about something along the lines of "hot cheeks", "volcanic winds".
something like hot cheeks will allow the more innocent types to think of mouth heat and the vulgar type to think of the other place.
you can embellish volcanic winds any way you wish or move completely away from hot bum concept; planets like venus are hot, the sun is hot, our moltan lava core Earth is hot.
Good luck and just be creative with taste, it is food after all.

what's the flavor profile of the sauce? Often the pepper/s will give a direction for the name. Or What about a landmark or feature of where you live?

Habanero Secretz

Secretz Ghost

Bob's your Uncle!

I do like SoYo's Ghostly Secretz!

Avoid using more than two syllables in each word, people remember things a lot more when two or less are used.

Thank you guys for helping me out. I'll probably just end up calling it secretz saw-za or something. I mean, it IS my first competition batch. But, I guess it's better than naming it "Drawing Blanks". Too bad "No Name" is already taken. :P

Or I really could just go with naming it Fred. It's such a nice name. :P

Now to fill out the "brief description of product" area:
....a glorious orgy of a home-grown garden.

Back