• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Imposters?

Hello

I found these samplings growing in the bottom of my established Scotch Bonnet plant – I isolated them and let them grow some more (please see link):

http://s1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/me13lake/The%20Infirmary/Imposters%20or%20not/

Last year my Scotch Bonnet only produced some micro-chillies about the size of a pea (long story) – so I threw these back in the base of the pot to ‘compost’ and forgot about them.

Now I wondering as these samplings are the children of those micro-chillies?

To my mind’s eye, the one in the purple pot looks more like a chilli, and the others with their ‘hairy’ stems look less like chillies these days.

Maybe it is too soon to be able to tell?

I live in Australia if that is of any help (i.e. might be native weeds).

Thanks

M

WG

I think that if they are peppers then they will be Scot Bons (pretty sure that that soil has not been used for any other peppers before) - so the question is are they peppers or not? :O)

If they are peppers then I'll keep them and see - if not I'll '86' (I googled it) them!!

Thanks

M

Hello

I found these samplings growing in the bottom of my established Scotch Bonnet plant – I isolated them and let them grow some more (please see link):

http://s1281.photobu...posters or not/

Imposter #1

Imposter #2

Imposter #3

Imposter #4

Imposter #1 resembles a Capsicum (Baccatum maybe).

Imposter #2 does not resemble any Capsicum species I have seen.

Imposter #3 also appears to be a Capsicum.

Imposter #4 appears to be one of a Capsicum species to my eye.

Update: Pulled in thumbnails into the quote for easy reference.

They could be peppers but hard to tell from baby pics and I'm not sure what weeds look like over there. Am I wrong in thinking not all the leaves look the same, indicating more than one breed ... if you've gone this far with them why not wait and see.

They could be peppers but hard to tell from baby pics and I'm not sure what weeds look like over there. Am I wrong in thinking not all the leaves look the same, indicating more than one breed ... if you've gone this far with them why not wait and see.

The leaves of each plant does appear distinct from one another.

ChiliHunter, what else did you grow last season?

Back