• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

In need of moral guidance

My youngest son Garrett, age 15, has been playing the drums and taking lessons for the past six months. He got hooked up with a local band in need of a drummer and they've been practicing in my garage. Had them clean it out first to make room.:)

Tonight they had their first live performance at a local pub. Played for about 40 minutes or so. I couldn't freaking believe it and I couldn't have been prouder. Here's a shot of him doing his thing.

IMG_5124re.jpg

Here's the question I've been struggling with, hope you guys can help. If by some miracle he becomes a rock star is it wrong for a dad to ask his son to share his groupies? Oh, I am divorced from his mother. Thanks for your guidance.

LOL - not the question I thought it would be........

But why not if your not attached or devoted, I say he should respect his elders.:drunk:And share the wealth !

I think it's your fatherly duty to help him out - he won't be able to handle them all at the same time!:lol:

Just make sure you become his 'manager' so you can pick and choose which ones are for him and which leftovers you get:lol:

you know Patrick...I don't think you chose the right forum to get "moral" guidance from ;) :lol:

AJ you just may be right. However, that doesn't mean they're wrong.:lol: I knew you guys would help and for that I salute all of you.

Omri, no worries there bud, I've got daughters older than that.

I know there should be a picture up there, the image code is still showing in the thread. Can anyone see it? Photobucket is having troubles too. SWINE!!

Back