• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Indoor multi-strain soil/DIY LED

Recoup said:
Damn those babies look mighty impressive.

tnx been 18 days since seeds popped

got 6 out of 6 for germ

1st cull took out 2-next cull will take 2 more- final cull will leave me with 1

in my limited indoor garden only the strongest survive-no room for spindly phenos lol

been a while since a photo update busy busy

finally got my camera so i can use the other point and shoot for time-lapse exclusively  :party:

few weird things going on in the garden- the seedlings are pretty droopy- i thought they got too thirsty so i watered them but they r still droopy and the soil hasnt dried out quickly so i assume they r actually over watered now-will give them time to get thirsty

im getting crazy serious edema on the bulls horn even though RH is only 40%  :violin:

but generally things r chugging along  :drunk:

dragonsfire said:
Nice job! thanks :)
just wait for the whole thing- that camera has been snapping for over 2 months now =D
UPDATE:

status report: Not watered sinse last time-seedlings got uppotted and the 2nd cull is apon us-but with a twist

I kept the 2 biggest ones but couldnt kill this guy-he had a perfect node with 2 branches coming off and overall good structure so i had to try mainlining him-#mainliningstepone

these dont feature in this thread but deserve an honourable mention as they do well to fill a canopy when the chillis are small(eventually I plan to have 4 plants in my space, 4 varieties)

Group shot

I killed one of the sweet peppers beacuse....

Pretty sure its broad mites and they r starting to hurt the garden

waiting on the free sample from CAPCOM 's guy if it ever shows up-if not ill use predatory mites

still- chillies are chugging along

N8thaniel said:
Aquaponics is a waste of time, I did it for over a year in this space and just switched to soil.
For keeping fish it is the most awesome low cost low maintainence filter system ever, for growing plants:it works, ok to well for greens but for anything fruiting it's a sham
Thanks for following, hopefully I can get more interest in my system
I'm going with biobizz, will start 3 weeks in as the plegron growmix suggests it has 3 weeks of veg furt in it
Just caught this thread ... If you are going to use "BioBizz all Mix" then go very careful with adding extra nutrients as their feed card say's in week three. I had three plants that became stunted and never really recovered. One produced five lateral branches at the split. To be honest it's a great medium but next season I won't be adding any suplementary nutes only water until the flowering stage ... once the pods set .... Miracle-Gro Sulphate of Potash ... but don't tell anyone else

Trident chilli said:
Just caught this thread ... If you are going to use "BioBizz all Mix" then go very careful with adding extra nutrients as their feed card say's in week three. I had three plants that became stunted and never really recovered. One produced five lateral branches at the split. To be honest it's a great medium but next season I won't be adding any suplementary nutes only water until the flowering stage ... once the pods set .... Miracle-Gro Sulphate of Potash ... but don't tell anyone else
tnx for the tip

im using biobizz furt but plegron soil mixes and def nothing but water for the 1st 3 weeks with those

whats ur doing for potash(potasium sulfate, yes?) i have some left for the aquaponics not sure how to use it in soil

Once the pods have set I give the plants potash ... I always bottom feed so I mix the granules with water then fill up the trays the containers are sat on. Each container has a layer of hydroponic clay balls at the base which help soak up the water and airiate the roots ... if you don't bottom water you would just sprinkle the potash around the trunk of the plant and it would break down as you water

Trident chilli said:
Once the pods have set I give the plants potash ... I always bottom feed so I mix the granules with water then fill up the trays the containers are sat on. Each container has a layer of hydroponic clay balls at the base which help soak up the water and airiate the roots ... if you don't bottom water you would just sprinkle the potash around the trunk of the plant and it would break down as you water
great minds think alike lol

I also have the base of the post with hydroton for drainage
i also bottom water to help gas exchange in the root zone(but the 11L pots dont fit in my 10L bucket lol)
how much potash are you using? (gram per L, or whatever gallons and ounces etc sytem you use ill convert)
and how much woudl you sprinkle if in the latter case?

N8thaniel said:
great minds think alike lol

I also have the base of the post with hydroton for drainage
i also bottom water to help gas exchange in the root zone(but the 11L pots dont fit in my 10L bucket lol)
how much potash are you using? (gram per L, or whatever gallons and ounces etc sytem you use ill convert)
and how much woudl you sprinkle if in the latter case?
50ml/1.5fl-oz a bit less than a closed handful to 10ltrs of water as a guide .... or sprinkle evenly over the medium around the established plant gently work into the surface without disturbing the roots then water in thoroughly

Remember you can always add ... the difficulty is taking away

go to battle or to surrender and start again?    :think:

pics r of what i believe to be broad mite eggs/nymph damage on lower stems

and if I do battle which weapon to choose?

totally soak the plant in neem oil, dish soap and water every 3 days for 8 weeks? 

use DE? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth

predators? 

go with swirskii mites? http://www.greenhousecanada.com/inputs/biocontrols/september-2010-2417

or Neoseiulus californicus?

or N. cucumeris?  

im not against using any non-organic stuff just that I know from experience with spider mites that using predators was super easy and 100% effective in killing them all in this small garden- im leaning towards neem dunks (as i think spraying is too easy to miss a spot) or swirskii 

opinions welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81wxRQzrmg

gotta watch in HD bloody youtube kills the quality

plus excuse the amateur camera work

N8thaniel said:
so i ordered the swirskii and the very next day.....

no instructions though
Had to google "swirskii" thought it was an Austrian ski resort ... nice little friends you got there ... lye in wait then suck them dry ... best of luck ... instructions did say you should wear a dust mask when you let them go hunting

Back