• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor Spider Mites Win

It is not supposed to last over a week.
Neem oil is natural etc... and it comes off.
You got 6.9 days aphid free!
Spray it on nearby plants and you will get 8-10 days :)
What type of enviornment are they in? Is there lots of garden shrub nearby?

If you want the most gnarly thing I can think of it is encapsulated pyrethrin!
The capsules are micro and sit on the leaves then the aphids feet pop them and they get it all over their outfits.

ptmicro.jpg

death spray

If you tried that before my next guess is 3M77 spray adhesive mixed with pyrethrin. It may kill the plants and the aphids will be gone for sure!

Gnildir said:
You are very wrong about the last statement... Spider mites are not bugs, they are arachnids... just like spiders... so your common every-day bug spray will not work effectively on them... You need some chemicals that were designed to kill arachnids. One big thing though, do not use the same chemical year after year, rotate the type of chemical you use to kill them as it will prevent insects/arachnids from becoming immune to the chemicals. Spider mites may be pests, but their 'jobs' are to simply defoliate plants when plants are in stress. Yet, they even stress the plants more. So if there was something going on with your plants, or if they are sick, stressed from slight dehydration, etc, the plant actually puts out a scent that attracts spider mites... Oh, do you really want to know how to try to control spider mites and spoil your plants at the same time? (someone told me this as I will try this at the nursery where I work at) get an ultra-sonic fogging machine, or a mister if you have a large green-house, and a fan so you can make sure that water vapor gets everywhere... Mites hate water, and if there's enough water vapors in the air, you could actually drown them. Water droplets would collect on every inch of the plants, and in return, the plant would actually absorb the water that lands on the leaves.

that's my 2 nagas's worth!

-Gnildir

For the ultra-sonic fogging machine, are you talking about the stuff Halloween places use/sell? I've got one of those.
I even tried a cool mist humidifier but it didn't help much.

Back