• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

insecticides?

Anyone know of any good insecticides?
I want to use it on my Tabasco and Cayenne peppers, not 100% sure what the bugs are, but I suspect mites.
Also found some insect eggs on the underside of my plant leaves as well, so I know for sure theyve got some sort of bug on them.

Not all bugs are bad .... Be careful on being too trigger happy with insecticides. (If you have to use them at all )
Personally I stay away from any of that rubbish ... Someone here might be able to steer you right ... Personally I would go organic for control rather then inorganic chemical for eradication

Yeah, I agree on the 'not all are bad', however, there are signs of bugs eating the leaves, I havent used any yet, and, like you pointed out: "Rubbish" I completely agree, hence why I came to this site for some info.

Pictures would be good. Inspect your plants at night if you aren't seeing anything during the day. There is an endless amount of things it could be. That being said, I use Neem's oil to take care of my bug problems. Listen to Trippa though. Don't spray until you know. If you can avoid spraying that is best.

You really need to know what you are spraying for if you want to spray. For instance, using some insecticides on a mite infestation can actually accelerate their rate of reproduction, take out their natural predators, and make everything worse.
A magnifier like a cheap jewelers loupe will help you out a lot.

Don't see the point in starting a new thread on the sane topic.... gonna have housing maintenance come out to spray for spiders and ants, mainly to keep them from getting inside, so they spray outside around the house. My beds are 2-3 feet from the house, they generally spray a foot strip on the walls above the ground out to a foot strip on the ground from the walls. Should I avoid having them spray anywhere near the plants? The stuff they use depends on what bugs I complain about, but thats about all I know. I know the sprayed areas and human and animal safe to the touch once dried and inside areas are supposed to be evacuated for 4 hours for fumes.... don't want to kill the plants or any good bugs, but I havent seen many bugs at all in or around the beds other than a bee once and a random pillbug crawling around once in a while....

Pro bug spray is industrial strength stuff and I would never ever ever let them spray it near the garden. It's a safe bet that nothing they use is approved for application to food crops.

They do supply a list of everything in the sprays they use, I don't have a copy from the last time they sprayed, though.... anything specific I should be looking out for? Chances are I won't be home when they stop by to spray and I dont know if the wife will make sure they avoid the area.... its a pretty quick process and it dries outside in a few minutes so I'm not sure exactly how much if it soaks down deep into the soil....

Back