• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Interesting read on transplanting and transplant shock

Went to the local hydro shop today and got a free copy of the May/June 2010 Urban Garden Magazine. Had an interesting article on transplant shock and how to avoid it. Got a few tips myself.

BTW, I love going in these shops. I'm obviously the 1% of the store's customers that isnt growing marijuana. When they ask about my lighting system, I tell them I use "the big orange ball in the sky." Also, they only deal in cash, no receipts and no questions asked. Pretty funny. Nice people, though.

Good tips.

"Here’s an important tip for growers who start off their cuttings / seedlings in rockwool and then move on to a soilless mix: be careful! Why? Because the soilless mix will wick water away from the rockwool and dry the cube out before the roots have ventured into the new soilless medium. You may find that you have to water the newly transplanted clones well before the soilless mix has dried because the cube itself is bone dry and houses most of the clone’s roots."

That's exactly what happened to me last year and I lost a bunch of seedlings before I figured it out.

ditter .... Good info but it seems aimed more at indoor growers. You can't raise the sun for less intense light like you can a bulb. Maybe shade cloth would do the trick.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Back