• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Interesting seedling...(help for an ignorant grower)

I planted some orange habaneros in the same basic area as last year. There is a seedling coming up near one of my plants;

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

Is this a pepper plant perhaps sprouted by a discarded pod, or is it merely a weed invading my garden? Is it too early to tell?

Call me ignorant, but I simply do not know. Any *useful* thoughts on this would be appreciated. ;)

Thanks!

The stem is red, not purple. The leafs are elongated and the veins extend straight rather than branch out.

Exterminate with extreme prejudice.

I HOPE YOU DIDN'T YANK IT OUT YET! I did some research and found out it's the extremly rare Bolivian Flourescent Pink Jumping Bean.....theres only a few worldwide like it, all of which, for some strange reason were found in Bolivia :lol:

To make it easier think about it this way, you didn't plant it, it is invading your garden space, pluck it. By the time a volunteer seedling becomes identifiable, it may all ready be to well established to fully eradicate later on. It is best to destroy them while they are young so they don't take over your garden.

Back