• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Introduction - Meet my plants!

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for a while and have learned so much! Thanks to everyone for passing the knowledge down to us newbies!

I've been eating stupid-hot stuff since high-school wing nights... I can't quite put my finger on why... but I love eating stuff that makes me ask "WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!?!"

I stumbled onto this site and after seeing everyone's plants, I knew I had to take the plunge! I am limited on space, so I just ordered a pack of Reapers from Pepper Joe's. I have a little grow-op set up in a small closet with a single 150W CFL. It's not an ideal setup, but it's all I can manage at the moment. I'm hoping for the best! As I run out of room I plan to move some to the windowsill and give some away. 

I planted 72 seeds in a little Jiffy seed germination kit w/ heating mat. 
12x Carolina Reaper
18x Prik Chi Faa (free seeds from Joe)
18x Mulato Isleno (free seeds from Joe)
24x Orange Hab (scraped from a grocery store pepper)

The Prik Chi Faa germinated super fast and are already starting to grow their first set of true leaves. The reapers have been slowest to germinate. I just transplanted my first couple out of the germination dome. Here is a picture of my first reaper:
rLvz2Kf.jpg

You degenerate scum!!

Your going to need a bigger closet...

Welcome to THP.                                                   From St. Aug.

Pete-Rose.jpg

Hope all grows well.

Eh, degenerate,

Get your a$$ over in the Welcome forum and introduce yourself.   
By picking thatuser name and starting a 2014 grow this early, you prove that you are wacked out enough to fit right in with this gang  :party: .
PepperDaddler said:
You degenerate scum!!

Your going to need a bigger closet...

Welcome to THP.                                                   From St. Aug.

Pete-Rose.jpg

Hope all grows well.
 Daddler ---get that Pete Rose pic back in YOUR closet... :rolleyes:

Looks like you and I will be growing together this year! I am growing Green Hatch Chile, TMS, and Early Jalepenos! I like your set up, and will def be following your grow along side mine :)
From one newbie to another, WELCOME!

Lots of peppers, thats gonna take up a ton of space if they all survive. I will also be growing along with you, though my 2012 and 2013 years are still intact inside, and I'm only adding one or two plants to replace a douglah and barrackpore. Current list is 1x reaper, 2 or 3x ghost scorp(peach), 2x trinidad perfume, 1x sunrise scorp, 1x giant white hab, 1x roatan hab, 1x choc scotch bonnet, 1x 7 pod giant, 1x yellow brain strain, 1x douglah, 1x barrackpore(2013), 14-15x habanero bonsais(2012). 
Welcome to THP.
And pepperdaddler, I did NOT need to see that.

I have a SUPER small closet im currently growing in.. I have enough space for about 10 plants. currently one is budding after only 1.5m.

Back