• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Is it even possible to have the best sauce...really??

I have sampled ALOT of sauce and some have been good some really good and a few that never got past the first few drops and hit the trash can.
We all post our thoughts and feeling on what we think is good and argue back and fourth about whats hotter or better but in the end is there ever really a winner..
I loke chili garlic sauce and I can name one that is just killer but yet I still like a few others on different foods.
I am making a new order here in a few days and I will be adding only new sauce and no sauces I have already tried except 1 but I see this hobby as a bottomless pit of trying new and I don't ever think I will find the BEST ... and thats ok with me.

shayne

thats the best way to look at I think. ... and I would agree normally except mine is the best. lol I'm just messin.
..people all like different and people all look for different thing that they dig, so you just can't please everyone, as long as the ones you do make happy always come back for more. And As my friend Haggis from Redback chilli co always says, " the customer is always wrong". lol
as a sauce maker I like his atitude lol.

Different sauces go with different foods so ultimately there is no best sauce. Its like asking which pepper is the best, everybody has there own favs and there own uses but you never get tired of trying new ones.

POTAWIE said:
Different sauces go with different foods so ultimately there is no best sauce. Its like asking which pepper is the best, everybody has there own favs and there own uses but you never get tired of trying new ones.

Agreed! I have yet to taste a hot sauce that I couldn't say at least one good thing about. The next best sauce is just a find away as far as I'm concerned. :)

+1

I like variety. I have 17 kinds of mustard. I have a favorite one for corn dogs, a different one for beer boiled bratwurst, a different favorite on grilled cheese, and a different favorite for fried cheese & chive fritters, etc., etc.

Hopefully, I'll be able to answer that question for you in the coming year. I'm a sauce junky. I like 'em all...just about, there are a few exceptions. I'll pull something out and use it but............

I just keep coming back to my sauces. Maybe it's because I make them myself, maybe I actually have something here. I don't know. I just like what my sauces can do for just about any food. Once I overcome some hurdles, I'll be selling my wares to whoever wants. Lot's of things I have to do yet, but I'm working on it.

Now, I'm not saying I have the best. I'm just addicted to them.

I would think the best of anything would be totally subjective. Thats why there are SOOOO many different versions of everything made.

a favorite cannot be called a best. Sauce making as with all cooking is an artform & so subjective to the viewer {no relation to Max Plank or Schrodingers moggy}. Only you know what you like, you may not even know why.But damn it's good when you find it.

Oh, there can be a favorite sauce, for sure, or a great sauce, or even a sauce that's better than the others. Truth be told, though, you have to remember that some day, as you continue to explore and tantalize areas of your tongue you wished you had known existed a long time ago, you will realize that as long as new hot sauces continue to be made, there will always be a better sauce. The fun part, of course, is finding it...

~Trexxen

nothing wrong with trying all the different hot sauces on the market, some go better with some foods or should of never been bought :lol: (we've all had some of those) if you want the best all around hot sauce then you should try making that sauce yourself to your liken & tastebuds

I've sampled over 900 hot sauces in the three or so years I've been a raving mad chili-head. I've only found a few sauces that I would say are at the top of my list but never have found "the perfect sauce". I don't think it even exists.

The fun is in the hunt. Just ordered Talon ( finally...), Radical Heat, UBK Reserve, UBK Wing Sauce, and Fatalli Fire. These should go nicely with that batch I grabbed at Xmas.

...and there are still so many on my 'must try' list...:D

Is there just one jim beam hot sauce? what chilli do they use? CAn you pm me a link I'llgive it a go.. bet its not as good as mine lol.

You know stillmanz, I'm finding that to be more and more true. The more sauces I get, the more I keep returning to my own.

Oh...stay tuned. I'm going to have some really exciting news later this year.......................

DevilDuck said:
You know stillmanz, I'm finding that to be more and more true. The more sauces I get, the more I keep returning to my own.

Oh...stay tuned. I'm going to have some really exciting news later this year.......................

STOP TAUNTING PEOPLE!!

Or we're going to organize the Suaces of Heat Idiots' Troop and go all pirate on your nasty nautical nostrums!

Making your own is probably a great idea. You may still buy commercial sauces, but you will most likely narrow down what you yourself value in a sauce. Especially if you can't quite nail it yourself.

You obviously have not tried CaJohn's 10 yet.

The sky opened and a chorus of angels sang out my name. Then the devil himself cast fire down my gullet searing my taste buds. And I wept in the glory of 10.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Back