• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Is more lighting better?

So I have this thought.

I'm growing peppers for next season already and have them under a 6 bulb T5 fixture that puts out about 30,000 Lumens. Now, As they grow I'd like to add lights to better meet their needs and to ensure they get full coverage and not just from overhead. My thought is to add two more T5 fixtures along the sides of the plants to provide coverage from both sides keeping it equal and trying to encourage horizontal growth. Now this will add up the lumens and I'm wondering if, at some point, it will be too much for peppers? Has anyone else done something like this before?

The more light, the better.

To best meet the plants needs you also need to consider vital environmental factors like temperature. If your canopy is already at 90F then adding more light/heat probably won't help. If you can keep your humidity extremely elevated around 95% relative humidity then you could probably get away with 90F; and you'd get the most optimal growth.

Anyway you can get light to them will benefit them. Here is what I do to address different varieties or even differing phenotypes with various plant heights with T5 fixtures. Best wishes.
yBjsgC6.jpg

Back