• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense is the moruga scorpion the same as moruga scorpion "blend"?

Yes, the Moruga is of the Trinidad Scorpion variety. Its the same idea as HP22B bding the same thing as Carolina Reaper. They are one of the same.

Also there is a Red and Yellow, non Scorpion (Blend) called Moruga also.
This might help
http://pepperlover.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=43&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

wanna get even more confused look at brain strain, and moruga scorpion, and morouga blend, they all produce similar pods some scorpion shaped some not,,,all bumpy textured brain like,,either they are slightly difrent crosses or they are all variations of a trinidad morouga, look at pepperjoes page he has brain strain and morouga looks very similar, cool lookin i say grow em all and see how similar they look,,

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend is the true name. All others are abbreviation preferences of each grower or vender. I got seeds from Chris earlier this year, and he still labels them as Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend so reckon I should keep referring tah them as that.

well put Tex some were on here i read that a lot of the people that first got seed for this variety before it was available by vendor got trinidad moruga blend or trinidad morouga scorpion,a bit later brain strain seven pot came out is it diffrent than the blend and scorpion i have never had any only going on pics and reviews the only trinidads i have had are red 7 and yellow 7 the red is perty bad AZz instant stomack cramp so i kinda stayed away from morougas so far,people are quick to put a name or isolate some thing and call it by a new name like magnum habanero, even tho its a plain orange one

Really the blend only got dropped and the scorpion put behind the Morouga part in the name when a certain vendor decided to lay claim to the worlds hottest variety last year.... before that it was always TSMB (Trinidad morouga scorpion blend) and then there is the variation on the spelling of morouga moruga maruga ... you get the idea :D

Back