• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is there a need for concern?

I found this spot today on a couple of my plants. Its on the original leaves that came out when the plants first sprouted. I have not noticed this until today on any, and so far I see it on a couple of my biker Billy's. Is there a need for concern? If this is a problem just starting, maybe with your help I can head it off before it really turns into a problem.

See the brown spot on the far right and towards the bottom of the picture. In this case it looks like it has something to do with the cup, but on the other one, its not at the cup, its closer to the stem, but not much.

spot.jpg

Shane

Some of my plants get the odd little nick or tear when I'm moving them around for watering or whatever. No big deal. It doesn't even affect them. Just keep an eye on those plants to make sure the brown spots don't spread. But it doesn't look like it's anything sinister.

Great, thanks guys. I was hoping that would be the consensus, and I will definitely keep an eye on it.

lol last year my friends 2 year old was unattended for about 30 seconds....just long enough to pinch the original leaves off of a little 1cm sprout.....

he grew big and strong, got his first true leaves, and the little "nubs" survived a whole month or so before they finally decided to fall off, but the hab grew up to produce fruit and was no different than his siblings

Back