• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Is this a buth jolokia?

Hi there Luis :)
Welcome aboard !!!
It's very nice to see a compatriot over here !!!
Believe me, you will learn a lot with those sweetest, and craziest "Chilli Eaters" on earth !!!!

Now let me correct you on a little detail ;)
Piri-piri is originally from Africa. It's a C.Frutescens and it was brought to Portugal from Angola. Pili-pili is a Swahili word meaning ‘pepper-pepper’. It's called Jindungo in Angola, and was "exported" to Brazil some 400 years ago, where it gave the "malaguetinha", the wild species of the "malagueta".
And it's our country pepper, indeed !

That looks like a Bhut Jolokia but it's very hard to say for sure, as everybody here tells you ! But being a Bhut or a Naga , I'll advise you not to taste it without being very very very well prepared ! :mouthonfire: :mouthonfire:
Hugs
Margarida

whocares said:
Hi there Luis :)
Welcome aboard !!!
It's very nice to see a compatriot over here !!!
Believe me, you will learn a lot with those sweetest, and craziest "Chilli Eaters" on earth !!!!

Now let me correct you on a little detail
Piri-piri is originally from Africa. It's a C.Frutescens and it was brought to Portugal from Angola. Pili-pili is a Swahili word meaning ‘pepper-pepper’. It's called Jindungo in Angola, and was "exported" to Brazil some 400 years ago, where it gave the "malaguetinha", the wild species of the "malagueta".
And it's our country pepper, indeed !

That looks like a Bhut Jolokia but it's very hard to say for sure, as everybody here tells you ! But being a Bhut or a Naga , I'll advise you not to taste it without being very very very well prepared ! :mouthonfire: :mouthonfire:
Hugs
Margarida

A gallon of milk is advised as Margarida said its something you WILL remember.

2.gif

piri-piri, africa, yes, my mistake:)
any good links in how to built a successful little greenhouse to grow some seeds later in oct/nov? I'm more concerned in how much artificial light hours are needed per day for them.
thanks

Back