• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this a Reaper?

First time poster here. I have been growing peppers for years, but this is my first year growing superhots. I have some Bhuts, Morugas, Scorpions, and what was supposed to be Reapers. One of my plants is producing typical Reaper-like pods, but the other one is questionable. Anyone ever seen Reapers like this?
ac140978f1821f15f65138e103422cbb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

most common pepper ID request on this forum is "is this a reaper" long story short, it doesn't look like one that is growing true, but it seems to me like the genetics aren't all that stable. 

Thats kind of what I was thinking. The other plant is showing a lot of variation from pod to pod, but they at least look like Reapers. These, not so much. Just wondering if I ended up with a stray seed somehow. Thanks for the reply

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

they don't look like reapers to me.  I have some Butch-T's that look a little like those.

my Butch T's (they do look a lot like Bhuts):

my first Reaper:

The Bhuts I have are smoother looking than yours.

Reactions: CMJ
Well, whatever they are, they pack a punch! I ate one after posting the pics yesterday. Tasted like a Bhut with about double the heat, and some serious cap cramps that had me on the floor for 3 hours! Never had a Bhut do that to me. Anyway, I saved some seeds for next year, so we will see what happens. Thanks for the replies.

Back