• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Is this a relish or a salsa?

Ingredients:

1# finely diced Zuccini 1/8" cubes
1# finely diced Cucumber
1# finely diced long neck yellow squash
2# of Roma Tomatoes skin on seeds and gel removed finely diced
1# green Bell peppersfine dice
1/4 # Jalepeno fine dice and seeded
3 large Pablanos fine dice and seeded
5 Serranos fine dice and seeded
3 large Anaheims seeded fine dice

2 teaspoons chili powder
2 tablespoons of HOT Hungarian Paprika
2 teaspoons of MexMex mix
2 teaspoons of lime juice
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (I like the taste of cider vinegar over white but its a personal choice)
1/4 cup minus a scant of EVOO
2 tablespoons of cracked Black pepper
Kosher salt to taste

in a large mixing bowl add all your diced veggies and peppers, in a small bowl mx spices together then add to the liquids. Shake the liquids well then pour over the veg/pepper mix. Refridgerate for 3 days before serving to let the spices integrate with the veg/peppers.

Serve on Corn Chips and a football game or on top of a burger or in an Omlette.

Belch!

Salsa and relish are relative terms that depending on where you live, are interchangeable. The recipe looks good! i was making my own salsa for awhile but I eat so much of it, I couldn't keep up and find the time to do it. I go through over a quart a week so now buy it. Almost every day I throw a couple of handfuls of frito's in a bowl, pour on the salsa, whir and stir, and eat it with a spoon. Texas Cereal!

Salute',

texas blues said:
Almost every day I throw a couple of handfuls of frito's in a bowl, pour on the salsa, whir and stir, and eat it with a spoon. Texas Cereal!

Ha, I do something liek that but chips, salsa, and cheese for a :30 "nacho"

Even potato chips..esp. Tim's Jalapeno..they make great natchos

Back