• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this Blossom End Rot on my Bhut?

So I've been away for 2 weeks and have had my girlfriend look over my peppers for me, but I am pretty sure she has not over watered them and they have been fed extra calcium through foliage spray (as well as having it in the soil)

However the plant is huge and is supporting a lot of pods, and although most foliage look very healthy there are certain leaves that are light green and speckled.

Conditions here are warm, around 30-34 c and VERY humid. We have had several thunderstorms recently but the plants are under a roof so they should not have been over watered through rain.

Some photos:

Comparison shot from my 2nd, a little more healthy looking Bhut:

Bonus pick of a nearly ripe Choc Hab:

I don't know what is wrong with those couple pods, but the vast majority of them look fantastic.

I'd just pluck them, trash them, and then take better care of the rest.

Cheers, I guess I will give them an extra dose of calcium tomorrow morning just to make sure. But I think I leave them there for now as I am curious to how it turns out, first time growing these bad boys so need to experiment some.

Back