• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this disease

what is happenin to this pepper. So far its the only one on this plant - should I pick it off?

20120714_075513.jpg

What about this one?

20120714_075529.jpg

20120714_075544.jpg

Thanks

Pauli

Yet another thing I've learned off this forum. I Googled blossom end rot and this seems to be what is going on. The three sites I read suggest picking off the involved pods and that it is due to calcium deficiency.

The same happened to me this year, with all my bell peppers. With me only the 1st and second peppers that were ripening had this happen to them, the rest that followed were fine. Good luck =)

On the ones where the damaged area is facing up it doesn't look like BER to me, rather sun scald. 2nd & 3rd pics are harder to say, does look bacterial but could have been a bug bite or sun scald or something else. Blossom end rot is relatively rare on long thin peppers, especially if planted in the ground unless there are severe soil moisture fluctuations and they are thick walled types. Not impossible but odds are low.

When you see this sort of damage give the fruit 2 or 3 days and observe what is happening. If the area stays a mushy liquid looking site, pick the pepper and cut that region off. If it instead forms a dry scab it can stay on the plant till ripe and may begin ripening quite quickly spreading away from the damaged area.

Back