• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is this normal?

Hello, on one of my plants which is fruiting (it has about 26 medium to full size green habaneros) and leaves of all sizes are starting to turn yellow, mostly at the bottom and in the veins.

They fall off eventually and the plant is looking worringly bare each day.

Is this normal during the fruiting or is this some type of nutrient deficiency? If so what kind?

Here are some images I took this morning.

Pic0184.jpg
Pic0185.jpg

Pic0186.jpg
Pic0187.jpg

The plant, while fruiting, loses some ability to replace lost foliage. What kind of fertilizer are you using now?

Philipperv said:
The plant, while fruiting, loses some ability to replace lost foliage. What kind of fertilizer are you using now?

Been using 6-10-10

and just sprayed them with Epsom Salt 1 TBS gal.

I also gave them a little extra K

Whats a good ratio for flowering fruiting?

imaguitargod said:
The lights could be to close causing them to curl.
Could the same happen with alot of sunlight? 3 of my peppers get more sun than the 4th one and have wrinkly leaves. Full and brilliant green, but kinda wrinkly.

fineexampl said:
Could the same happen with alot of sunlight? 3 of my peppers get more sun than the 4th one and have wrinkly leaves. Full and brilliant green, but kinda wrinkly.
Could happen, especially if they were new leaves that haven't seen much sunlight. (ie: had a week of cloudy days and then a day of full, intense sunlight).

RichardK said:
Been using 6-10-10

and just sprayed them with Epsom Salt 1 TBS gal.

I also gave them a little extra K

Whats a good ratio for flowering fruiting?

I'm using a 10-15-35 granular and a 13-13-13 extended release with good results.

Back