• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Is this pepper safe to eat?

I took a bite of my first Cleo's dragon today, and noticed a little unsettling color inside... i cut it open and voila.
photo-15.jpg

My question is, is this safe to eat? it looks like it had some kind of pepper endometriosis and i'm not sure if the black stuff is a fungal infection. the white stuff appears to be crystalline looking as well.

Thanks in advance!

oh, also... there were no visable holes or wounds to the pod.

the bite i did take was glorious but lacking in heat and now i'm starting to feel like some sort of sickness is coming on. thanks guys!

Don't eat it. That looks downright nasty...

guess i learned the hard way to cut open and look before you eat... i have this strange feeling like i'm about to start hallucinating at any moment

If I found that pepper I'd be RICH!!! Haha I inspected another pod to check if it was a localized pod and seems like it was just that one.

won't kill you but may turn the old tummy a bit... seems to be most common in habanero types in our climate, worst in the orange ones imo... is generally an isolated pod rather than affecting a whole plant...

Thanks biscgolf!! I can see why miss Cleo is one of your fave's... It was so delicious I was about to say screw it and eat it anyway. So far it's the most prolific and tastiest of all my plants.

Back