• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics It's about time! - Some pics of my collection! (lots of pics - be warned!!)

Hey there everyone. I finally was able to get some pictures of my peppers - all be it with the camera on my laptop, so they may not be the greatest.

The plants in the hydroponic setup do not get any nutrients or ph balancing (I'm broke). Everything else is self explanatory, other than I have these black fly things everywhere that I finally killed most of. The large plants were bought small. Everything else was grown from seeds from either store bought habs or from ones produced by mine.

Alright guys, here is the front of where I am growing all of my seedlings. They weren't started there, but have been in here for a while. They were being lighted by an 18" aquarium light but they now have two 100 watt equivalent 6500k CFLs as of today. The front is mesh, So I lined it with plastic drop-cloth.
Snapshot_20081128.jpg

Inside
Snapshot_20081128_1.jpg

My ebb&flow hydroponic setup:
Snapshot_20081128_10.jpg

Snapshot_20081128_9.jpg

Contd.

My largest plant. Same age as the two hydroponic ones. Has lost alot of leafs as of late, so she is kinda twigly.
Snapshot_20081128_12.jpg

Snapshot_20081128_15.jpg

The other day I got bored and decided that I needed to cut back a few of the plants, so I decided to make some clones. But I have no soil....so I made em a hydro propagator. Foam, tub, old air pump. I set it in a 40gal aquarium so I could set a light above it.
Snapshot_20081128_7.jpg

Snapshot_20081128_6.jpg

Snapshot_20081128_8.jpg

The next two are the reason you do not leave plants that are in a growing spurt infront of a window while you are away for a week. lol. They are hideous!
Snapshot_20081128_4.jpg

Snapshot_20081128_5.jpg

but...they still give me a couple peppers!
Snapshot_20081128_17.jpg

Well, that is my collection. I'm waiting till I move to college to build a grow box and some lighs, so that I know what size I can make it.

talas said:
Great Looking plants Pita and nice hydro setup nice to see someone using a decent ebb and flow ;)

haha, thanks! I could really use some ph balancing and nutrients for the hydro...and even nutrients for the potted plants.

I have fruit flies really bad. It's to the point of being disgusting. I tried to just burn out all the oxygen in that tank, after fillin it with some smoke...which, it did burn out all the O2, but the next day more hatched and I was screwd again -_- . And a couple of the plants REALLLY didnt like that. I didn't think they would, but I wa! s desperate.

So, my game plan...stickey traps, a container of sugar water with some soap in it, covered with saran with holes in it, possible neem or whatever, hooking up a CO2 canister to fill up that aquarium (as more of a "HA!!!!" than anything else. Wont work, but plants will like the co2!) and last but not least, if everything fails, Ill move everything to hydroponics and laugh an evil laugh!

buahahahaha.

i recently heard of an interesting 'home made' fruit fly trap, and people swear by it...a bottle of red wine, with just a little left in the bottom. the best part is you get to drown your fruit-fly-induced-sorrows while providing the cure.

hey Pita, instead of expencive nutrients, you could add some cheap tom feed just to give them something i have seen people grow successfully in dwc with useing tom feed its better than nothing i guess. good luck

Back