• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

It's Now Tomato Time in Michigan!

Awesome pics and they look soooo tasty!!!! I cannot look at tomatoe pics like those without wanting to take a bite at once!

I'm back for more....some real pretty ones here. :)

Chris

P1060837.jpg

P1060838.jpg

P1060839.jpg

I truly am amazed at the types and colors of tomatoes. It was a whole new world to me. Peppers are my favorite world of course, but the two complement each other nicely. :) I know there are over 10,000 varieties of tomatoes! I'm still searching for seeds of the last 128. KIDDING. :)

Chris

lol are you really?? heh pretty toms dude. heritage toms are the ones to start liking them rawr. they are weird looking but i don't care anymore lol sooooo numm numm. btw AJ what happened to the lettuce in that bacon and mater sammich?

OK, this one tomato just blows my mind. It's a MONSTER. Both are gigantic, but the one on the ground is incredible. The thing is they are nearly ALL like that. OMG!

Chris

P1070009.jpg

P1070012.jpg

I have 2 tomatoes on this plant called legendary that are bigger then my hand spread out. I gotta measure them. They are just turning pink... I just found them tonight actually, they were hidden in the foilage of the tomato and I was trimming out some yellow ish leaves as I want to make sure I remove any leaves that get blight asap.

Your toms look awesome.

I love the toms too, I even saw one lady on a you tube vid, showing how you can just pop them in the freezer for processing later. Its kind of creepy but if you get overloaded you could always try it. It would be great to have taste descriptions that didnt come out of a catalogue, hint hint.

They say freezing makes the skins just slip off, haven't tried that but have frozen them just to use in cooking. Works great and much easier than canning all of them when you have overload.

Back