• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

It's this the norm?

I don't see anything wrong. The buds are also a sign of a healthy plant. Then again I don't worry about my plant's leaves unless they are discolored or falling off. They might be slightly overfeed, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. Just try feeding them slightly less if you want. If you go too low, the leaves will discolor to yellow/white. I had the same issue and lowered how much I feed them too much. Now I've increased the amount more than before (the plants are older). Only one plant out of 4 turned white/yellow on me after decreasing the dose. It was a Carolina Reaper. I guess it likes more nutes. They will recover fast if you take care of it right away.

Good to know!

What does your current nutrient schedule look like?

Maybe I have a different phenotype of the black scorpion tongue. These peppers look nothing like any of the images I have seen around the net. Anyone think fatalii mis labeled these?

kvgs.jpg

ewsz.jpg

Optimal ph for pepper plants is not that low. I could be wrong but regardless which way you are growing them don't you have to keep the ph at whatever the plant needs it 2 be?

Optimal ph for pepper plants is not that low. I could be wrong but regardless which way you are growing them don't you have to keep the ph at whatever the plant needs it 2 be?

Generally Ph is kept at 5.8-6.3 in hydroponics. I find that the tomatoes I grow do there best closer to 5.8.

Ph for soil is generally higher.

Never grown those before.
They look correct to me. They have the same shape on the bottom of the pod as I would expect. The three lobed coming together at the rounded point. You always get variation, but those look legit.

What did you expect them to look like?
They also should ripen to red.
Beautiful plant BTW!

Never grown those before.
They look correct to me. They have the same shape on the bottom of the pod as I would expect. The three lobed coming together at the rounded point. You always get variation, but those look legit.

What did you expect them to look like?
They also should ripen to red.
Beautiful plant BTW!

Thanks! I'm kind of curious how large they get. They are pretty small so far. Maybe and inch to a inch and a half long.

Would you like some seeds?

I'm not sure on size either. Beautiful color for sure though!
I'm loaded up this season. Not planting everything that I would like as is. Thanks for the offer though!

Back