• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I've never seen it before

I just had some ghosts germinate and break soil in 12 hours in less than desirable conditions. Super hots generally take longer than others from my experience, so this was a shocker.

What's the fastest you guys have had super hots germinate?

I planted 2 lots of Bhut seed - same seed 2 different types of soil.
In the first tray I got first Bhut through on day 4 and had 40 through by day 8.
However 3 weeks on, not a single one has germinated in the second tray with the different soil :(

Hello
It may be that fresh seeds, have recently taken a quick start germination, but as I had never seen this.
:eek:

I've got 3 bhuts up in just shy of 2 days, the seeds were from my super hot plant of last year :cool: Just waiting on the other 5 now

I planted 2 lots of Bhut seed - same seed 2 different types of soil.
In the first tray I got first Bhut through on day 4 and had 40 through by day 8.
However 3 weeks on, not a single one has germinated in the second tray with the different soil :(

This is interesting to me. I planted some Bhut seeds that I bought got ZERO up after 1 month. I though they were just bad seeds. I had about 100 of em left and put them in Black Gold seedling mix under a dome and it's been 13 days and ZERO sprouts? Is it the seed or the soil ?

Could be the seed or the soil temp Spanky.

All I did was fill a gallon size freezer ziplock bag with a mixture of cheap cow manure/compost and twiggy topsoil then stuffed it with seeds and closed the top. I do this alot to save space but I've never had that germination speed before using the same seed stock and soil mixture. I'm going to call it a fluke, but if it happens again I'll document the process and post it here lol.

The cheapest garbage compost and topsoil wally-world had to offer. i'll go out there and check out the brand in a bit and let you know, but I don't think it had anything to do with it. Just a fluke with a couple super seeds.

It was very unlikely, that's why I posted it. I've planted around 600 seeds so far this year alone and haven't seen it before.

Back