• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Jalapeno Early Sick

I have 4 Jalapeno Earlys that I started from seed in a raised bed. They were doing great until a week or two ago when the top leaves started curling up and 3 of the plants stopped growing and have been getting worse. 1 of the plants is still growing with the curled up leaves. There are no visible insects on the plants, but a few days ago I sprayed Neem Oil diluted with water on them just in case, and then yesterday and today I sprayed them down with Hydrogen Peroxide.

The soil is a mix of Black Velvet top soil, Black KOW cow manure compost, sand, and a little bit of peat moss. The PH is 6.6 Before I planted the seeds I sprinkled some slow release miracle grow fertilizer in the bed and raked it into the top 2 inches or so, and watered it in several times before planting the seeds.

They were doing amazing until this point. Can anyone help me? Oh, and the one that is still growing has a much darker stem. It's like a dark bluish or something. It's been that way since it sprouted. The others plants' stems are green. What's that all about? Thank you for any advice!

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

Broad mites are my guess I had a plant that looked exactly like that. I used a product called azamax or something like that and my plant is now recovering and looking great!

C/B fungal or bacterial. Some of mine got like that late this year. What worked for me was to cut off all the leaves that even remotely looked like they had it, then cover the plants with copper powder. Bagged and trashed the leaves, too.

Back