• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jalapeno Pepper Problem I.D. needed Plz

Hello. I have some white formation on one of my jalapeno peppers and can only scratch my head to the situation. I don't think i've ever seen anything like this before. This appeared in two to three days and only affected one pepper. It had it's normal green color before this appeared. The plant is super green and looks super healthy. The only unusual thing I found on it the day I went to check up on the plant was a some what large spider, maybe about the size of a one dollar coin. I went ahead and removed him or her from the plant and removed the affected pepper. After examining the pepper, I noticed a small slit like it got injected with something? I'm thinking maybe the spider did it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I can't see the first picture, it says "currently unavailable" and can not tell anything from the second picture. That said, this is the first time I've ever heard of spiders injecting peppers, they normall build webs that capture bad bugs that can damage your pepper, where I live I leave the spiders alone.

There are other plant/fruit eating bugs that have injectors, not sure if that's your problem.

It could be blossom end rot, or it could be a bacterial infection (bacteria entering thru broken pepper skin). Some bugs will also inject a digestive chemical to liquify the fruit.

With peppers i have experienced bacterial infections doing that to pods, luckily only my tomatoes have gotten blossom end rot.

Thanks Guys. Blossm end rot makes sense now that you mention it. First time seeing it on peppers. Since the temapture has been in the 90's to 100's, I might of over watered it a bit :doh:. I also sliced her open to see the internals. Check it out and thanks again.

Back