• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Jalapeno Popper Dip: a tasty snack for the big game!

This recipe is a cream cheese-based dip that is essentially a deconstructed jalapeno popper.  This is not my own recipe; I found it online a few years ago but I can't remember exactly where I found it.  I usually make it on Sundays for the football game and it's always a huge hit!  I've never taken pictures during the cooking process but next time I make this I'll put some pics up for everyone.  Enjoy!  :party:

[SIZE=12pt]Ingredients:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]¾ package of bacon, diced and cooked crispy[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, soft[/SIZE]
1 cup of mayonnaise
8-10 jalapeno's, chopped and deseeded (unless you’d like a bit of heat, of course).
1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup diced green onion
[SIZE=12pt]Occasionally I’ll add a little bit of dill into the mix, but I don’t really measure how much.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Topping:[/SIZE]

1 cup of crushed crackers ( I used Ritz)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 stick of butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir well.

Transfer to an oven proof dish. The size of the dish depends on how thick the dip is. The thicker the dip the longer it may need to warm up. I use a square corningware dish that is roughly 10x10 inches. My dip ends up being about an inch-and-a-half to two inches thick.  The thicker the dip is the longer it will have to be in the oven.

Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.

Bake the dip for 25-40 minutes or until bubbly.

Didn't see this one in time for the game, but I'm making 2 for fishing camp! One the way you posted and one with some dried fatalis left from last years harvest and I'm going to put slivered almonds on that one, maybe some fresh wild leeks too! Its leek season up here in the hills, and everyone has their own secret leek spot!

Back