wine jalapeno wine recipes

Update to the wine batch from 2013.....

ALL GONE so started a bigger one for 2014  Start date 9/16/14

317 jalapenos (this year included as many red jalapenos as I could so about 25% red) started brix a bit higher 1.118 and cut out the tartaric acid since the peppers are acidic enough.  10lbs of sugar and water (distilled) it sits at 5 gals and will rack to secondary as before at 1.04

Will keep all updated on the happenings

9/21/14 I just posted the above and went to check the batch after and suprised the hydrometer reading went faster then I figured infact 5 days less then last year.

Ist rack to secondary at 1.038 theres 4 gals after all the sediment was removed.
2nd racking will be in 2 weeks or 1.00 we shall see....

I was privileged enough to get a small taste of this wine and all I can say is "WOW!" 
For my crazy palette, I honestly haven't tasted anything better. Then I have to mention
some of Doug's "Crazy Hybrid" hot peppers he's been working on and again "WOW."
They have intense flavor as well as intense hot, but not the bitter hotness of some
of the reapers and primos I tried this year. Thanks again Doug and let me know if
I can somehow acquire a bottle of this years jalapeño wine batch because there is
nothing better then "homemade."  

I've had two different chili wines and they were disgusting but I used them as marinade bases or bases for a mop (just add rub).

Seeds and all, I used a champagne yeast

To  The Hot Pepper....

Its not like the wine would be used to have with a dinner as a beverage, the taste of last years was actually really good and the only issue I had was the acidity. I have also made 2 other fruit wines and have been doing pretty well with them.   First off what water did you use? what was used to filter or clarify the wine? and what was the brix when you stopped it?  The yeast you use can make the taste and many other factors, wine making is science controlled not just wing it...

Back