Jalepenos the gateway drug

I got into peppers when a mystery pack of vegies at wally world turned out to be Jals and I loved them so much. There is so little variety for plant starts in my area that I just have to grow my own seeds and after 3 years of buying starts I'm:onfire: doing that now. Funny thing happened last week, I went into a tiny feed store asking for a heat mat and the owner tells me he does about 10 varieties of hot peppers a year but never used a mat, he seemed sort of wierded out by the thought of it but then he does have his own green house. I was delighted to see a number of familiar names from another forum and look forward to this growing season. Keep your fingers crossed for me and hope I dont make too many noob mistakes

Welcome from Fort Worth...my wife/better half/best friend is in Oak Lawn this weekend to see our grand daughter...

she got some better weather

Its so close to me and she got some good weather, its been so brutal lately. My life-long best freind lives in Oak Lawn so I know it well.

Ya, I've always said that Jals are a gateway pepper, and the addiction is impossible to fight:lol:
Welcome to the forum

chicagofire said:
Its so close to me and she got some good weather, its been so brutal lately. My life-long best freind lives in Oak Lawn so I know it well.

good weather is good news...

have to ask...there are a couple of other members here from the chicago area....you ever been to Heaven on Seven Restaurant downtown?

Welcome from Virginia.:)

No AJ I havent been there but it sounds familiar, maybe I heard and ad. I would love for other Chicago people to let me know who they are. Im actually in the western burbs.

QuadShotz said:
Greetings!

Orange Habs are the other gateway pepper. ;)

If I had started on habs I'm not sure if I would still eat peppers... I grew into eating peppers and I started on pepperonis, pepperoncinis and jalapenos.

Back