• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

I decided I was in the mood for some Jerk Chicken tonight :)
Here are a few pics of the ingredients and marinade.
I forgot to put the 3 Bahamian Goat Pepper and a bunch of green onions in the pic.

P1000451.jpg

P1000452.jpg

Will show the finished product later tonight.

To me freshly chopped escallion is what makes the nice jerk paste/coating. Without it, it's marinated chicken.

holy smokes, that's gonna be good!

Agree with THP on the escallion (you said you threw in a bunch of green onion...good!), but that hunk of Ginger is what does it for me!

Can't wait to see how it cooks up!

FAIL me, he said he put it but not in pic. Still need a lot more to form the paste though. Maybe it's good enuf we will see upon grilling. Lookin' good!

Most folks have their own recipe for the bathe, heavy paste form works the best. You need to work it under the skin and in the cavities.......Anyone grow culantro, bonnets, use pimento wood in their grilling/smoking? Jerk chicken is one of my favorite's. If ya do whole roasters on the roto on the grill you can thin the paste with some blackstrap rum to baste on the skin.....I can't wait to see how this one finishes up

Yes it's very good but homemade is always better :)

Homemade is better, hence my reason for 6 scotch plants and 3 bunches of scallions! When in a crunch, Walkerswood is always handy to keep on deck. Beer can chicken with Walkerswood jerk should be illegal!

I've never performed beer can chicken but the ex used to talk about it all the time ... that good?

Beer Can Chicken posts moved here.

Where's the jerk?

Back