• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison 2015

Hey guys,  back for another year.  I really downsized this year on the varieties being grown.  Concentrating mostly on flavor for 2015.  I got seeds soaked and started about 1 week ago and have a few sprouts as of yesterday.  I planted directly into styrofoam cups with Ocean Forest soil and placed in a humidity dome with a heatmat underneath.  My other heatmat doesn't work for some reason I couldn't tell you so needed to save space and planted the second round in peat pellets and placed in the same humidity dome.  

1st round planted includes:

Bahamian Goat - Jungle Rain
Bahamian Goat - My selected seeds from 2014
MoA Scotch Bonnet OG - Steve954
MoA Scotch Bonnet Gen. 2 - My selected seeds from 2013
Red "MoA" Scotch Bonnet - cmpman1974 via Denniz
Orange Thai - Buckeye Peppers

2nd round planted includes:

Red Trinidad Scotch Bonnet - My selected seeds from 2012
JA Habanero - Walkgood
Cabai Burung Ungu - MidwestChileHead
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI - PepperLover
Red Douglah - PepperLover
JA Hot Chocolate - OhioHeat
Chocolate Scorpion - My selected seeds 2013
Reaper - Arkennon 

I'll spare you guys posting pics of tiny seedlings for now.  I'll be going back and forth from TN to WI for work and hoping I'll be able to pull this off!

Nice list & pic looks like everything going well.
My moa's seedlings are keeping a small compact slow growing pattern.
I even have had stragglers popping up while the few others are starting to get there first set of true leaves
This is happening with my datils as well but the moa's are the smallest.

Those are some really healthy looking plants, Jamison.  Am I right in thinking/remembering these will planted in TN, not WI?

Great list and start Jamison ... They look healthy and happy to me.
Cabai Burung Ungu ... What is the background on this one??

Little update again for the 2015 grow.

Cabai Burung Ungu

You know I'm rockin the Bahamian Goats this year too!  This plant is from my selective breeding seeds.  Hoping to get stable looking pods from these seeds.  Hoping they come out looking like the pod on the top left.  4 lobes and a Bonnet top.  

Nice!!  What did you foliar feed them with, or is it just water?   Some of mine are a little smaller and I have been giving them some diluted fish ferts.

Nice looking plants rocken the.BG's!
Mine are doing well ordered some seeds form JungleRain
Hawaii Beach Capsicum Chinense
Scarlet Lantern Capsicum Chinense
Angkor Sunrise Capsicum frutescens

Jamison said:
Cabai Burung Ungu
Seem like these produce some neat lookin pods...

RSCN3231.JPG

Plants looking nice. I'm definitely gonna get some goats next year. I think it's a bit too late this year to start them for me.
Keep it up!

Jamison said:

You know I'm rockin the Bahamian Goats this year too!  This plant is from my selective breeding seeds.  Hoping to get stable looking pods from these seeds.  Hoping they come out looking like the pod on the top left.  4 lobes and a Bonnet top.  

That is absolutely necessary work you are doing there - like a hero's work. Those are such an amazing pepper that any steps towards further perfection ought to be applauded!  I'm hoping mine turn out well this year, and I need to be better at saving seed. My plants are all so close to each other they cross pollinate, so I haven't done this sort of work yet.  But I'm working on it... 

muskymojo said:
Very nice! Those will be monsters by plant out. Are you planning to top or prune them this year?

Thanks Musky!  I haven't decided if I'm going to top or prune em yet this year.  Closer to plant out I'll decide.  I'd usually do it right now, but not sure yet.

tctenten said:
Nice!!  What did you foliar feed them with, or is it just water?   Some of mine are a little smaller and I have been giving them some diluted fish ferts.

The foliar feed was some CaMg and some seaweed.  Thanks for checkin in!

Pulpiteer said:

That is absolutely necessary work you are doing there - like a hero's work. Those are such an amazing pepper that any steps towards further perfection ought to be applauded!  I'm hoping mine turn out well this year, and I need to be better at saving seed. My plants are all so close to each other they cross pollinate, so I haven't done this sort of work yet.  But I'm working on it... 

I agree!  It's absolutely necessary to keep strains and varieties as pure as possible.  Improving on them only makes things better also.  Glad you stopped by!

The Cabai Burung Ungu look unreal. Definitely one for next year's growlist. Love the look of those Bahamian Goat as well. Growing them for the first time this year, hopefully mine turn out like that!!

ronniedeb said:
The Cabai Burung Ungu look unreal. Definitely one for next year's growlist. Love the look of those Bahamian Goat as well. Growing them for the first time this year, hopefully mine turn out like that!!

Yes,  I am definitely excited for the Cabai Burung Ungu.  I hope they taste as good as they look! I could spare some seeds if you'd like to try this year still.

Jamison said:
Yes,  I am definitely excited for the Cabai Burung Ungu.  I hope they taste as good as they look! I could spare some seeds if you'd like to try this year still.
That's Super kind of you, but I have no room for this year. Really appreciate the offer though. You're a gent!

Man, your plants look gorgeous! They have that look like they're growing really fast, too. Nice!

Jamison said:

I haven't decided if I'm going to top or prune em yet this year.  Closer to plant out I'll decide.  I'd usually do it right now, but not sure yet.

Resist the urge!  :D  I'm so much happier with how my plants end up looking and producing since I stopped topping them a few years ago.

Very nice Jamison! I'm also growing OG MoA's. First time growing them, I will try to isolate them. I wish I would have grown Bahamian Goat. That's a tasty pepper.

Good luck on your season and thanks for sharing.

Chuck

Back