Jays Chocolate Ghost Scorpion seeds

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
I planted 10 Chocolate Ghost Scorpion seeds this year got them from John Ford but he never said they were Jays.
well that exsplains alot

i have not gotten a reply yet from jay

thanks your fried joe

just talked to Jay and no the Choco GH is not his, only peach and red

ON ANOTHER NOTE MEADOWVIEW FARM IS STARTINFG UP THERE GREANHOUSES THIS WEEK so THAT MEANS HOT PEPPER PLANTS :onfire:

Jay is a Mennonite so he has no computer and he didnt realize how popular he is on the internet he had some idea but he didnt know just how much until i told him

thanks your friend Joe

rebelgrower3 said:
If you go to fords fiery foods and plants Facebook page the picture says Jays Chocolate Ghost Scorpion cm.
That is why I asked, I knew that Jay did not have them last year and being a Mennonite, not like he has an elaborate indoor grow. I'll ping John, maybe his plants just produced some crazy pods and he is keeping with Jay's name, maybe they were isolated. Not saying anything shady is going on, just found it weird since I was on the farm last year where Jay's originated.

rebelgrower3 said:
If you go to fords fiery foods and plants Facebook page the picture says Jays Chocolate Ghost Scorpion cm.
I'm guessing it's a color mutation of either the Jays peach or red.
yeah im guessing its a mutation but jay said he had nothing to do with it, im sure he wont mind having his name penned to it however he had a indirect hand in it if this is the case

thanks your friend Joe

jedisushi06 said:
Thanks for keeping us posted Joe.  I'm very interested in seeing these pods this year.
no prob

im a little interested too, as soon as a review comes out i want Jay to see it i think he might be interested also

thanks your friend joe

I had a Jay`s Red Ghost Scorpion last year that had 1 pod and it was bright orange. I saved the seeds, but they have turned black and I don`t think they are viable. Just making the point that natural variations in colour are popping up even at this generation (F3, I believe).

Here are the chocolate jays from red jays seed planted/grown/discovered by my source last year. not traditional chocolate color. I sent out a few seeds across the world to grow out and appear to be consistent with the Jays red and peach we grew as well minus the long funky skinny tail phenol that not everybody produced.

pictures are from 2014 and 2015 one grown in US and the other in Italy this year

Outstanding! Those look magnificent! I heard about them last year, but was unable to find any seeds. I'd love to try this one!

Back