• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion pepper

I am getting some seeds of Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion pepper. What do you all think about the taste and the heat level of this pepper? Is it peachy tasting at all, or just a peach color? Thanks, Tom

Just peach in color from what I hear. The flavor is supposedly more like a bhut, but hotter. Have you seen the FBI review video? I'm also growing these, but I won't be eating one. Maybe a nibble, but not a whole one. For sauces only!

What they said. Peach colour, tastes like a Bhut and is super hot. Check out Ted the fire breathing idiot`s video on YouTube. Ted thought they were hotter than a mere 700,00-800,000 I think. I`m not saying the testing was wrong, just that some chilis affect people diferently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q44TSDr9iDw

I OWNED that pepper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZtfzaJgEks&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Even after the raging inferno you could still taste the pepper

Was tested and came back at 700,000 shu (mean) and the Red came back at 800,000 shu (mean). Still growing them, pods come out super crazy. :)

I'm curious what the high and lows are in there. The dried one I had blew away pods well above the 1 million mark, so maybe I just had a super scorcher. Honestly, it blew away the butch t's I had.

Any links for that data?

I can tell you I am guessing the reds I had were above the 1mm mark. Those things tasted great, looked awesome and could strip paint from metal. Oh and the powder, amazing! I'll get a peach plant this year for sure.

I am a big fan of the Peach Ghost-Scorpion. I got some dried pods last Christmas, and I loved them. They had an excellent balance of heat and flavor. I would describe the flavor as similar to a Bhut but a bit less pungent, and some of the Scorpion flavor shines though nicely. As shown in all the pictures/videos about the Ghost-Scorps, they have a lot of gnarly looking pods, which does add to the wow factor.

This year I'm growing about 20 Ghost-Scorps, so yeah, I really like this pepper.

Probably the coolest looking pods I have ever seen. Definitely on the list for 2014.
Agreed, I was lucky enough to grow the red in 2012 and it was wonderful!

52059_482866008413797_686661994_o.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the feed back. Those are some really bumpy peach colored pods. I didn't look at the video because with my dialup, it takes like 2 hours to load a 7 minute video, but saw the first frame there. Very pretty pods. They HAVE to be hot if they are that narly. I got my seeds today, but there were not enough, so after seeing everyone talk about his one, I just bought in a few established plants which will give me a head start on pod and seed production. I also want to have extra plants for sale sometime as well, so at least this way, I'll have extra plants by late July that will make some beautiful plants for the next spring. Tom

taste is awesome, the burn is BRUTAL!
ive only had the dried pods though.. i have a few plants growing this season

Back