• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

JayT eats Judy's superhots

20140813_200524.jpg

I got a wonderful gift from my friend Judy aka Pepperlover a few days ago. I am going to eat all these, sharing some, sampling them all, sharing the pain with friends, cooking with them, etc. I don't consider myself a pod reviewer (hot sauce is my expertise), but I'll share my impressions and pictures with you. My friend Hopdevil will be in here some too.

The first pod we tried was the White Naga Pepperlover strain. This baby was huge! Funny story, Hopdevil cooks at a local Italian restaurant. Because of this I hang out there pretty regularly for beers, food, and sampling of all things pepper and hot sauce. This night I had just received the box of Judy's pods. We picked the white naga as I assume it is the mildest. Pat (hopdevil) cut it in half and we prepared to eat it. Just then another of the cooks appeared at the bar. "Wanna sample a pepper? It is the mild one." We'll call him "Chad" replied "I will if Ron will". He goes to get Ron who is wary as he is wise to us. Surprisingly, they agree and the pod is split into quarters. Five seconds later all hell broke loose. "Chad" and "Ron" went running for the kitchen, a gallon of milk, and a loaf of bread. There were unconfirmed reports of "Chad" puking in the trashcan. There was also a lot of swearing in the direction of Hopdevil and myself. I found the pod to be a bit mild both in flavor and heat. It did burn under my tongue for a while.

20140813_200716.jpg

20140813_201716.jpg

20140813_200648.jpg

This time it is just me against the Bhut Moruga. I sliced it in half, tasted a slice and it has great flavor and building, long burning, all over heat. The flavor is both fruity and a little pungent. I also cut half up and added to my bigass bbq burrito which you can see in that thread. Check out how much placenta and oil is in this pod!

20140817_125748.jpg

20140817_125832.jpg

20140817_130926.jpg

Attachments

• 20140817_130926.jpg
    20140817_130926.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 47
JayT said:
attachicon.gif
20140813_200524.jpg

I got a wonderful gift from my friend Judy aka Pepperlover a few days ago. I am going to eat all these, sharing some, sampling them all, sharing the pain with friends, cooking with them, etc. I don't consider myself a pod reviewer (hot sauce is my expertise), but I'll share my impressions and pictures with you. My friend Hopdevil will be in here some too.

The first pod we tried was the White Naga Pepperlover strain. This baby was huge! Funny story, Hopdevil cooks at a local Italian restaurant. Because of this I hang out there pretty regularly for beers, food, and sampling of all things pepper and hot sauce. This night I had just received the box of Judy's pods. We picked the white naga as I assume it is the mildest. Pat (hopdevil) cut it in half and we prepared to eat it. Just then another of the cooks appeared at the bar. "Wanna sample a pepper? It is the mild one." We'll call him "Chad" replied "I will if Ron will". He goes to get Ron who is wary as he is wise to us. Surprisingly, they agree and the pod is split into quarters. Five seconds later all hell broke loose. "Chad" and "Ron" went running for the kitchen, a gallon of milk, and a loaf of bread. There were unconfirmed reports of "Chad" puking in the trashcan. There was also a lot of swearing in the direction of Hopdevil and myself. I found the pod to be a bit mild both in flavor and heat. It did burn under my tongue for a while.

attachicon.gif
20140813_200716.jpg

attachicon.gif
20140813_201716.jpg
Great looking pods!

Those are just some awesome looking pods, Judy is a damn fine grower. Thanks for your review JayT, can't wait to see your review of the rest especially what you think of the Lavas. I'm anxiously waiting for Judy to start selling seeds for them so I can grow a bunch next year. Both are on the top of my wishlist along with Judy's Chocolate Brain Strain once it stabilizes and she starts offering seeds. Just can't say enough about Judy and her creations

that BhutMoruga sliced looks insane.  Imagine hydroponic

Is eating that thing how you won the Drama Queen award? ;)

Back