• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Jerky 101

I would love to start a Jerky section on here to see ways that people are making jerky.As a Jerky manufacture i allways like to hear about new way people make jerky.Please feel free to let me know.Like i said i would like to make this a great section.

Doug Jersey Boyz Jerky

JerseyBoyzJerky said:
I would love to start a Jerky section on here to see ways that people are making jerky.As a Jerky manufacture i allways like to hear about new way people make jerky.Please feel free to let me know.Like i said i would like to make this a great section.

Doug Jersey Boyz Jerky

Sounds like a GREAT idea.... maybe even some Turkey Jerky ideas ;)

Great idea Huv We at Jersey Boyz Jerky are starting a line of different pepper dusted jerky.Our first one will be Habanero and will be at the New Mexico Show(not a plug Honestly) I really wanted to start this thread in hopes of getting differnt ideas and try some samples of others Jerky.To find out how people go about makeing their jerky and different ways of marinading and cooking.would love to see more people send in their samples of jerky to be reviewed by this site..

JerseyBoyzJerky said:

Doug Jersey Boyz Jerky

I think a jerky section is doable. Let's see if the Admin can start a sub forum somewhere. I'm not sure where the best place would be.

Hey Jersey...would like to be able to find a good Cajun flavored jerky...like a cayenne or a good blend of spices. Probably kinda basic but really like the flavors. Course I do a lot of cooking with cajun seasonings.

jerky

BigDawg said:
Hey Jersey...would like to be able to find a good Cajun flavored jerky...like a cayenne or a good blend of spices. Probably kinda basic but really like the flavors. Course I do a lot of cooking with cajun seasonings.

Not to sure if you like the cayenne flavor strong..but if you do try mixing it with soy sauce and worsh.sauce over night.i did that one time and the cayenne flavor is intence

:( I have just recieved 10 Dorset Naga Peppers in the mail from the UK and cant wait to dry them and dust some jerky...Anyone going to New Mexico and are interested in trying some samples let me know God these peppers are hot:hell:

JerseyBoyzJerky said:
:( I have just recieved 10 Dorset Naga Peppers in the mail from the UK and cant wait to dry them and dust some jerky...Anyone going to New Mexico and are interested in trying some samples let me know God these peppers are hot:hell:

Msn i'm jealous. I may just have to take a road trip to try one. :lol:

I know that..its not like you have reminded me 10 of hundreds of times.lolol i will send you the powder...then you can put it on your veggies.......:mouthonfire:

JerseyBoyzJerky said:
I know that..its not like you have reminded me 10 of hundreds of times.lolol i will send you the powder...then you can put it on your veggies.......:mouthonfire:

LOL - thanks.

JerseyBoyzJerky said:
:mouthonfire: I have just recieved 10 Dorset Naga Peppers in the mail from the UK and cant wait to dry them and dust some jerky...Anyone going to New Mexico and are interested in trying some samples let me know God these peppers are hot:hell:
You know me, I'm going to NEED to try that. I'll meet you there!

Best Damn Jerky I've had...I'm originally from Ga and my Uncle makes Deer/Venison Jerky, really tasty..but he's got nothing on your spicy Jerky seasoning...ok to the point..Can you buy Deer meat anywhere or do you have do as he does and go into the woods, hike up a tree, and Shoot.

JerseyBoyzJerky said:
:P I have just recieved 10 Dorset Naga Peppers in the mail from the UK and cant wait to dry them and dust some jerky...Anyone going to New Mexico and are interested in trying some samples let me know God these peppers are hot:hell:

nice! that sounds like it would be awesome! sadly, i won't be anywhere NM. :lol:

i haven't made any in a while, but i tend to mix it up a bit. sometimes i'll mix a bit of soy sauce, hoisin, garlic, onions, brown sugar, ground cayenne, salt, pepper, a little ginger, and some other spices i may or may not use every time.

another one i made a lot was just using matouk's hot pepper sauce. http://carolinasauce.stores.yahoo.net/180001-1062204842.html < this stuff. it works out great as a marinade for jerky. problem was, as mentioned in the description, it wasn't always in stock at the store. i wound up just buying it whenever i saw it since i never knew when it would be back.

i've also done the same thing with E.Z. earl's blazin' hot stuff.

there was one batch i made, but i'm having trouble remember what the base flavor of it was. i know it had freshly diced jalapenos, onions, and garlic..but there was a liquid i used and it escapes me for now. then again, it's been months since i've made my own jerky.

I make a habanero, garlic, turkey jerky. I marinade it for about 24 to 48 hours, in a air vaccuumed container.(food saver) Then I dehydrate. It's very good.
The habanero pepper that I have used is Scotch Bonnet.

Mad Hill Pepper said:
Best Damn Jerky I've had...I'm originally from Ga and my Uncle makes Deer/Venison Jerky, really tasty..but he's got nothing on your spicy Jerky seasoning...ok to the point..Can you buy Deer meat anywhere or do you have do as he does and go into the woods, hike up a tree, and Shoot.
I'll be using my own deer meat here for jerky but I beleive there are places where hunters donate the meat. If there is a processing or packing plant close by that would be your best bet.

homemade jerky rules. I make my own and have been spicing up my marinades with hab or fatalii powder, both excellent. I often use a jerky cannon but use strips as well. in fact, it's almost jerky makin' time right now.

Back