• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

-JM- Balcony Growing 2012

Hello everyone. I´ve been reading THP for a long time and now i decided to share my next growing season with you! I live in Finland and the summer is quite short in here, but beginning the season inside makes it possible to grow chiles here.

My season started 11/24/11 by germinating C.Pubescens varieties. I will be germinating C.Chinenses in the beginning of January, and C.Baccatums and C.Annuums in February.

My growlist (at least for now)

C.Annuum
- Leek
- Jalapeno Biker Billy
- Kunja

C.Baccatum
- Aji Cristal
- Aji Fantasy
- Inca Red Drop
- Trepadeira Werner
- Sugar Rush

C.Chinense
- 7 pod Primo
- Habanero Sebaco
- Habanero Brown Large
- Clavo
- Pimenta Diomar
- Trepadeira Werner
- CGN21500
- Fatalii White

C.Pubescens
- Turbo Pube PI (585267)
- Hyper Pube (Cap 217)
- Manzano Rojo

C.Frutescens
- PI 406847
- Dogo Nyoni

C.Flexuosum
- C.Flexuosum

I might have to drop some varieties off the list because i´m growing on my balcony and the space is very limited.

So far i have Turbo Pube (3), Hyper Pube (3), Manzano Rojo (2) and Flexuosum (2) growing their first real leaves. They are under two 30w Fluorocent light bulbs.

I´m planning on trying some hydrophonic growing this season. I have plans for a little ebb&flood, so we´ll see how that goes.

I´ll be posting updates and pictures soon. I hope you all like my log and keep following it and giving me tips on the way.

PS: I apoligize if my english is bad...

I like your varieties, although it looks like your plants can use some drainage......the roots could be saturated in water causing the bottom leaves to wither...

Greg

Thanks for the tips. I already sprayed them with a soap that has proved to be good against pests.

I let the soil dry well before watering again, so i don´t think that´s the problem. Altho it doesn´t hurt to leave them without water for a little longer.

Everything else has germinated, except CGN21500. Habanero Sebaco, Clavo and Pimenta Diomar are in soil already.

Fatalii White, Habanero Brown Large, 7 Pod Primo and Hurrican are in soil.

Baccatums are germinating. Picture tomorrow!

Sorry for not adding new pics. I´ve been busy, and i still have some re-potting and lighting setup changes to do. Only Dogo Nyoni and CGN 21500 have not germinated yet. Everything else, including the Baccatums, are already germinated and in soil. One Hyper Pube and Turbe Pube are already in a little bit bigger container, and are starting to grow like crazy.

Pics coming this weekend. I promise!

PS. I editet my grow list in my opening post. Go check it out!

And here is the pics i promised!

I chose the best Turbo and Hyper Pubes and got rid of the rest.
My Manzano Rojo died. My daughter was a little too helpful, and i dropped it on the floor :D

The Pubescenses i desided to keep. They are starting to grow again after i put them into a bigger container.
Turbo%252520Pube%252520%252526%252520Hyper%252520Pube.JPG

C.Flexuosums are doing great. I should put these in a bigger pot too...
C.Flexuosum.JPG

These are my Chinenses. There are the Baccatums Aji Fantasy and Sugar Rush too. The other Baccas are still under a plastic wrap. These are under 2x18w fluorecent tubes.
IMG_1337.JPG

And this is what my setup looks like now.
IMG_1338.JPG

I´ll be moving to a bigger apartment next week. After that i´ll start germinating the Annuums. Also i´ll be taking another tube light in use.

Alright! New apartment, new rules!

The plants are in front of a window and enjoying sunlight. The sun doesn´t shine very much yet, so i have one 30w fluorecent bulb and two 2x18w fluorecent tubes to support.

Turbo Pube, Hyper Pube and Flexuosum like their new home, and are starting to form flowers. Sorry the bad pics.
Hyper%2520Puben%2520nuput.JPG

Turbo%2520Puben%2520nuput.JPG

Flexun%2520nuput.jpg

Flexuosums
Flexut.JPG

Pubes
Pubet.JPG

The rest. Some suffered a little burn because they got too close to the lights. Didn´t have that much time to look over them because of the moving...
Kaikki.JPG

Today i´ll put my Annuums ready for germinating! That´s the last of this years germinatings. Stay tuned!

Back