• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Joyner's 2016 Pepper Party - Starting Late or maybe Right on Time!

Getting a late start this year but hopefully it does not provide any impact to yield. I have several plants that started in the cheater tank so not everyone is a seed waiting to hit the dirt. I also decided to cut back BIG TIME on super hots this year and focus more on heat and flavors that most enjoy as well as ones that are most excellent smoked!

10661662_1170672189633172_5920286758164837854_o.png

I got a late start this year as well.  I kept thinking, I'm good, I can wait a little longer.   Then, all of a sudden, I was like damn, I way behind.  I jumped the gun last year though and had a forest of plants in my basement, which led to me planting out too early and stunting some of my plants.  I'm sure it will all work out fine.  You know what your doing.  Besides, I'm sure you have stock from last year yet to get through.  I know I do lol 

Ozzy2001 said:
I got a late start this year as well.  I kept thinking, I'm good, I can wait a little longer.   Then, all of a sudden, I was like damn, I way behind.  I jumped the gun last year though and had a forest of plants in my basement, which led to me planting out too early and stunting some of my plants.  I'm sure it will all work out fine.  You know what your doing.  Besides, I'm sure you have stock from last year yet to get through.  I know I do lol 
No more frozen pods though :( Just used my last sealed bag two weeks ago so I need some fresh ones! 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
No more frozen pods though :( Just used my last sealed bag two weeks ago so I need some fresh ones! 

No worries, I'm sure you could order some powder from one of the vendors here to get your fix. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Or just make a small trip to Ohio. I still have plenty in the freezer. Even some Thais.
Where is all the pics this year?

Jeff H said:

No worries, I'm sure you could order some powder from one of the vendors here to get your fix. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Or just make a small trip to Ohio. I still have plenty in the freezer. Even some Thais.

Where is all the pics this year?
I started so late and everything looks so miserable, I am ashamed of taking pictures :) 

For some reason, it seems most of us have had a rough start this year.

I say it's all due to the global warming, and we need to pay a carbon tax for the energy used in germinating peppers. Yeah that's it, just ask our fearless (non) leaders. :shh:

Sorry couldn't help myself. I do profess I'm not politically correct, or perhaps correct in any manner, but WTF ;)

I'm sure you'll do fine and kick butt as usual this season!

Keep it green!

Nice greens there. About the only good thing this year for me with this cool weather is the extended spinach and greens season. This time last year things started to bolt already.

Back