Joyner's Hot Pepper Powder Pizza Challenge

Congrats to you, Slade.
Nice and smooth the way you did yours.

And glad to see all is well at home there.

Be nice to atleast have to video some of the aftermath.
That's when the burn must really set in.

? Just how dry are those slices with all that powder on them ?

I got you eating from 5:45 to 17:23

Just for the record I was gonna do a muzzle loader at the end thats why I put the powder aside , you can briefly see the red bhut on the right hand side of the cutting board but i didnt wanna push my luck never eating a powder before

Just for the record I was gonna do a muzzle loader at the end thats why I put the powder aside , you can briefly see the red bhut on the right hand side of the cutting board but i didnt wanna push my luck never eating a powder before
I knew that is what you were going to do, think you sliced the Ghost in the video right? Cut the top off if I recall..

ok. so sorry to you all. nice to see you all understand how much $hit I have on my plate & my wife is doing better, thanks for the well wishes... *sarcasm*
That being said....
I didn't realize I recorded the thing in HD Widescreen and it took forever to upload it. Also, for some od reason my Sony HDD HCam automatically seperates recordings into 30 minute blocks. So there will be "2" Youtube Links.... The second half (or 2nd youtube link) is just me in pain, and some aftermath....
I ate 6 of 8 slices.... Jerry ate 3.5 slices. Neither of us threw up oranything. I did have fire pee in the middle of the night... (reminded me of a kidney stone passing) & so far today I've been to the can 4 x & it was hell. The last time was at the gym and I know those poor guys out in the locker room had to wonder what was dying in there! I did find something that hurts worse than your regular old ordinary "ring sting".... Try standing around in the steam room with ring sting.... now that burns!
Honestly though. If I had gone with my original plan of using a thing crust "California" cheese pizza from Kroger's I would have been better off. That pizza just filled me up... And as you can see I don't look to have a problem putting food away.
To Joyner's I say thanks for the chance. That powder was great. In one respect the challenge was tougher than expected (getting filled up too quickly) but while the powders varied from pretty hot to stupid hot, I just didn't have near the problems I assumed I would have. I'll grind up dried peppers all day on food. But brother... Slamming all that down so fast was just crazy... When it did catch up - Whammo!
So.... without further ado... Here you go:
Crud. The second video isn't finished uploading. 30 minutes remaining. But since you all are so dying to see it. Here is the first clip...

Hahaha MUTT AND JEFF

I'M JUST KIDDING YOU GUYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF253eGu-oc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Props to everyone involved, that was fun. Thanx to Joyners for the powders, the contestants for their bravery, and LDHS for the constellation prize.
Next we should do a speed round and see who can snort the most!

9 more minutes til the second half finishes uploading.... yeesh

No kidding, the heat was all but gone after maybe 10 minutes. I had so wantd to try the Brainstrain that I had a tablespoon out, powder ready to pour and camera ready to record.... Then I thought: naah... I'll save it so I can enjoy it.... Never had anything with Brainstrain in it. Was hoping to grow some this past summer but never managed to get ahold of any seeds.
So, this powder will have to go on something tastey soon.
Looks like my buddy Jerry and I and a few other guys will be getting together this weekend for our own SATURDAY Heat Party. Deep Fried Wings with homemade sauces featuring different superhots and lots of beer.
Back to this challenge though...
Thanks again to Joyners. It was a lot of fun. Here is the 2nd link:

Awesome job all. Nice.

I have a question...and it contains some ignorance. Do you think that the pizza reduces the heat at all? Or, do you think it matters?

Pizza reduces the heat, alcohol increases the burn. I already have an idea for the next challenge!

Brutaldiver & Jerry, thanks for getting this done, my name is Chris btw. You are 100% correct, 1 gram is many pods, not just one. I also use digital scales so they are a gram. As for you thinking maybe you dried them too much, not to worry, they need to be 100% dry or they will clump when turning to powder. Here's to a speedy recovery for your wife after her surgery on Friday! :dance:

Dozer make no mistake it HOT even if ya stired it up in a glass of milk
Hehe. I was asking because I'll be reviewing some of Joyner's powders, but I'm just going to take a spoonful. I'm counting on them kicking my butt. :)

Chris,

I've dried some peppers twice to the point where they crumbled if squeezed. However, after a while, it seemed like they absorbed moisture from the air and became flexible again.

Hehe. I was asking because I'll be reviewing some of Joyner's powders, but I'm just going to take a spoonful. I'm counting on them kicking my butt. :)

Chris,

I've dried some peppers twice to the point where they crumbled if squeezed. However, after a while, it seemed like they absorbed moisture from the air and became flexible again.

Be careful when eating a spoonful of powder. It's easy to inhale it into your lungs accidentally, and can be dangerous. It happened to me once. I couldn't breathe and went into panic mode for a few moments... :shocked: It wasn't fun.

Yes, dried peppers usually become somewhat flexible after a while. That's why it's best to grind them into powder as needed. You can pop them back into the dehydrator before grinding them if needed, but dehydrating powder again can be tricky. Especially when the dehydrator has a fan. They also have better flavor and heat when freshly ground.

Nice job by all the contestants, and thanks to JHP's and LDHS! :clap:

Be careful when eating a spoonful of powder. It's easy to inhale it into your lungs accidentally, and can be dangerous. It happened to me once. I couldn't breathe and went into panic mode for a few moments... :shocked: It wasn't fun.

Yes, dried peppers usually become somewhat flexible after a while. That's why it's best to grind them into powder as needed. You can pop them back into the dehydrator before grinding them if needed, but dehydrating powder again can be tricky. Especially when the dehydrator has a fan. They also have better flavor and heat when freshly ground.

Nice job by all the contestants, and thanks to JHP's and LDHS! :clap:

Oh, great tips! Thank you very much. As obvious as it sounds, I don't think I would have been cautious about breathing it into my lungs.

Thanks!

Oh, great tips! Thank you very much. As obvious as it sounds, I don't think I would have been cautious about breathing it into my lungs.

Thanks!
i was all ready to do the brainstrain out of a spoon but i just kept thinking: what the hell is going to happen if i wind up inhaling this!?!?! Lol glad i didn't do it.

Back