spirits Judging: April SMaSH BD

I understand the concept....but adding some crystal malts and late hop additions makes much better beer. Keep those consistent while changing base malts accomplishes the same thing all while making a much better beer. Just one man's correct opinion :)

Sorry to hijack....not being judgmental at all, but I see a lot of new brewers doing it and I think it's futile for them. 

CHEERS!

vienna would be the base malt in this scenario...just sayin' but yes, munich / crystal....anything other than a base malt. But you're just arguing so suck it. :)

I can still load up a munich/vienna/MO/pils/2 row beer with a copious amount of galaxy or mosaic, and pitch a Brett and l.a.b blend with some white peaches and it's still a smash beer

Just saying

Think outside the box

wheebz said:
im in philly from yesterday until Sunday, but if its at the brewery its in good hands

however I did get this

13139100_10154764399057388_4330146185772035181_n.jpg
Casually drops a photo of one of the most sought after bourbons... They go for over $500 in Aus depending on the vintage

wheebz said:
I can still load up a munich/vienna/MO/pils/2 row beer with a copious amount of galaxy or mosaic, and pitch a Brett and l.a.b blend with some white peaches and it's still a smash beer

I'd skip all that sour nastiness.

I'd go with MO (or Munich), reserve a portion to roast into an Dark Amber or Copper, and take a portion of the wort aside to pressure-caramelize it, and then throw that Mosaic and Galaxy on the ground and just pitch a bunch EKG's and make something truly enjoyable - by all ...

LOL.

I picked up Ozzys beer today, it is in the fridge along with the other one i havent judged yet

i will get to it soon, just got back today from a beer conference that I was at for 5 days so I am taking a break

alright here we go ya bastards, I am finally reviewing the last 2 beers

BTW, label your beers, because there is one here whose I dont know whose it is, but I think its TC's

I believe ozzy was the one that sent me the Tripel and the Imperial Stout, but correct me if I am wrong

BTW, from now on, I want to start incorporating a final post, kind of like THP does, of just ingredients and then finished product, with the creation pics during the thread, but an official post so I can go back and link them, and it makes it easier to read through your process of mashing, fermenting, all that jazz

Back