• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

cooking Juice substitution for mango base sauce

Several small batches using fresh mango keep ending up (snotty) even after using a sieve. Does mango have a high pectin like other fruits? Can a mango nectar juice be used and how would I adjust amount. Using frozen habs ,carrots,onions and garlic. Not familiar with using mangoes other than cube and serve. Thanx

Try freezing the mango first (in cubes or slices). This changes the cell structure and when you blend it you should see a difference and a better breakdown. This, I know from margaritas 😆 but it should transfer over.

Thinking of frozen fruit, in the interest of speed and efficiency, maybe look at frozen food service bulk boxes. Contact a local CashNCarry food service store. Or...maybe order frozen fruit from a local restaurant.

Another option....
Perfect Puree out of California.

Good luck and have fun!
SL

Last edited:
Buying it frozen is a great idea, you can actually save money (labor) but also with fresh you end up wasting a lot, with mango stuck to the peel and pit, considering the labor + waste buying frozen, even from the supermarket, could pay off if just starting out.

Ok, I definitely see the pros of frozen and have access to it, but where in the process is the snotty consistency stemming from. Hate to futaly waste product with same results, it's only small batch home hot sauce. No problems with others, just mango. Thoughts

I have not used mango enough to comment about the snotty. My local store carries 12oz fzn bags. Small enough for test batches before springing for a 20# food service box.

Perfect Puree has mango puree used in mixed drinks. Some mixes contain sugar an other ingredients. Just be aware before ordering.

I'm lucky, have access to both. Most of the " Puree/Nectar/frozen concentrate" has quite a bit of added sugar, one up to 32g. Hopefully someone chimes in on texture. Thanx

Just a wild thought.....maybe freeze dried...rehydrate...should have a really different cell structure.

There are a lot of sources for affordable freeze dried fruit.

Well yeah overripe mango is snotty even before you attempt sauce.

Sorry, here is my final post on the subject since I struggle technology and with copying links. From (

Overipe Mango making sauce snotty)​

Thanx

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806-132508.png
    Screenshot_20230806-132508.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
No problem, let us know how it works!

Back