• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Jumping in with both feet - experiemental order

Personal preference I suppose - to me Bottled Up Anger is very good. A recent purchase. One of the best green sauces I've had. While it doesn't pack the knockout punch heatwise like many red sauces, it is hot enough, and if you like the sweetness and taste of a green sauce, you'll love this one.

As a sauce period, I give it an 8 out of 10, but as a green sauce, I give it a 9. I would definitely buy it again. I want to compare it side by side with Kato's Meaner Greener - that order is coming soon, along with 10/10, Down South and Hemi's, among a few others.

After much testing, Brain Damage has climbed up the list as a fast food additive, but Bottled up Anger still lacks in my book. I did put some in my salsa which contains a good amount of lime and garlic. Seemed to fit well. Still, many more sauces I'd rather choose. Personal preference I guess.

Hey Greeny,

About your list, here's my take...

Marie Sharp's is great for taste, but I have had to hit the top of their sauces heat scale (No Wimps Allowed or the BEWARE) before getting enough heat to match the taste profile. The Fiery Hot is kind of a low simmer sorta heat.

The Crazy Jerry sauces are WAY underrated, IMHO. You may want to get their gift box so you can try the Orange Rush, also. Another fab sauce.

Scorned Woman? Decent sauce, but never struck me as anything extraordinary. Always seemed just a little hotter than Cholula to me. You likely won't be disappointed, but you can do better.

Thumbs up on the Danny Cash sauce. The Radical Heat is one of my faves of his.

Pain is Good is not one I've tried...probably because I feel like I see it everywhere. I think I can get it at my local Giant Eagle grocery store. It's an "Original Juan" sauce, meaning they're all about marketing.

The Matouk's is totally a keeper. It's a gi-normous bottle of mouth-searing goodness. Pretty inexpensive too.

You seem to be a habanero sorta guy. Invest in a bottle of "Ace" or "Ignite" from CaJohn, Blair's "Sudden Death," or Scotty B's "Just Damn Good" sauces. They rock.

- Joe

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Crazy Jerrys brain damage is awsome on bacon and eggs.Just ran out i'll have to get some more one of these days

I have Crazy Jerry's Mother Puckers. Is Brain Damage hotter?

greeny said:
After much testing, Brain Damage has climbed up the list as a fast food additive, but Bottled up Anger still lacks in my book. I did put some in my salsa which contains a good amount of lime and garlic. Seemed to fit well. Still, many more sauces I'd rather choose. Personal preference I guess.

Hey Greeny - do you mean many more green sauces? Like I said, some people just aren't fans of green sauce. I also have Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally green sauce, and to me it has good flavour, but is very mild. If on the other hand you like green sauces and have tried others you prefer, what are they? I'm pretty happy with my red sauce collection now, but am still hunting on the green side. Have you tried Kato's Meaner Greener?

Ive never had Crazy Jerry's Mother Puckers so I really couldnt tell ya..But ill be definately getting another bottle whener lol if I ever get up to navan to go visit chiliechillys..My shopping list is growing by the day..

Back