• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JungleRain's 2011/2012 "superhots" growing season

Here goes...so now I've officially begun my 2011/2012 season,
after alot of decision making today I finally started these seeds by first soaking them for 24hrs
and then I'll transfer them over to jiffy pots tomorrow;

30/07/2011 UPDATE on varieties planted so far

7 pot/pod Brown
7 pot/pod Chocolate
7 pot/pod Savannah
7pot/pod Brain Strain
7pot/pod Barrakapore original strain
7pot/pod Barrakpore
7pot/pod Congo
7pot/pod Douglah
7pot/pod Douglah Hybrid v1 f2
7pot/pod Douglah Hybrid v2 f2
7pot/pod EverGreen
7pot/pod Jonah
7pot/pod Jonah x Trinidad Scorpion Butch T f2
7pot/pod Julian strain
7pot/pod long
7pot/pod Orange
7pot/pod original strain f2 hybrid
7pot/pod Primo
7pot/pod red x 7pot/pod yellow f2
7pot/pod SR
7pot/pod white hybrid
7pot/pod Yellow
7pot/pod Yellow Large
AISPES Elisa Blk f2
AISPES Mili
AISPES Pimento Tiger f3
AISPES Ser Pepper Morouga Blend
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate Var 1
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate Var 2
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion morouga yellow
Antillais Caribbean
Avenir
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Assam
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate x 7pot/pod Yellow v2 f4
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia Purple
Bhut Jolokia White
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bih Jolokia
Bih Jolokia Frontal Agritech
Biker Billy Jalapenos
Biker Billy Jalapenos f2
Black Naga
Black Stinger
Cumari ou Passarino (Witches Tit)
Datil x Limon f3
Devil's Tongue Chocolate
Devil's Tongue Yellow
Dorset Naga
Fatalii yellow
Habalokia Talas
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero Yucatan White
Hot Fish
Infinity
Madbalz7
Maldivian heart
Naga Morich
Naga Purple
Naga Scorpion
Naga Viper
Naga x Jalapeno hybrid f2
Nagabon hybrid f2
PI 257132 Ecuardorian Devils Breath
Scotch Bonnet Peach
Scotch Bonnet TFM
Trinidad Scorpion AJ
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion Huge
Trinidad Scorpion light yellow large bumpy pod
Trinidad Scorpion Long Tail
Trinidad Scorpion morouga
Trinidad Scorpion morouga yellow
Trinidad Scorpion orange
Trinidad Scorpion SR
Trinidad Scorpion SR strain
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise
Trinidad Scorpion VV7
Trinidad Scorpion x 7pot/pod
Trinidad Scorpion x Bhut Jolokia f3
Trinidad Scorpion x Congo
Trinidad Scorpion x Pimenta Morango blk
Unknown Brazilian
more pics on the way...

Thanks Guys

Good luck with you plant out JR the plant starts look perfect this is a busy time for you I know taking care of that many. I see you trimmed down you list to only your favorites this year, we like many of the same superhots. ;) Great use of natural sunlight inside using the tables and windows. Take your time during plant out and remember to used your legs and not your back. :rolleyes: Excited to see all these varieties grown out together. Right on Grant, good job!

Thanks Cappy, I'm about half way there now...time to get back to work a plant the other half

Man that's a lot, it would be a full time job. Hell I'd lose half the tags and forget what I had...

I also draw up a plan showing me were I planted each plant....just incase I loose a tag or it fades

:eek:

wow is that every 7 pot variety?

what is Avenir?

The Avenir is a very large red C. Chinense

Are there more than the two beds? With 643 plants in two 2x12m beds that give each plant 19.32cm x 19.32cm of growing space...

THere are two large beds each holding 96 plants then there are another 120 planted at the side of the beds......
then I have half the front yard to plant out and heaps of large pots also......so plenty of room

very IMPRESSIVE LIST!!
Grant>> GEE WHERE DID YOU GET THE PEACH BHUT SEEDS?? :lol:

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

Hi Joe, these Peach bhut are not yours, they're from a cross of the red bhut x yellow bhut
the resulting f1 were a peach colour, I'll have to see how the f2 turn out.

I always thought Red & Yellow combined make orange. :) I just told my first grader that yesterday. I was wrong - it's PEACH!! lol. Sounds interesting. Any pics of your peach pods from last season? Similar to AjiJoe's?

Chris

I always thought Red & Yellow combined make orange. :) I just told my first grader that yesterday. I was wrong - it's PEACH!! lol. Sounds interesting. Any pics of your peach pods from last season? Similar to AjiJoe's?

Chris

I got the seeds from a member here, can't remember just now but apparently they got peach bhuts, I'm slowly trying to see how different colors inherit !!!!

grant your always growing the coolest stuff, cant wait to see your pod pics!

thanks Nate

I got the seeds from a member here, can't remember just now but apparently they got peach bhuts, I'm slowly trying to see how different colors inherit !!!!

Hmm, very interesting. Have you noticed same color varieties resulting in same color hybrids? brown x brown = brown hybrid, yellow x yellow = yellow hybrid? I've been wondering about this.

Well JungleRain, you certainly know what Yellow and Chocolate makes. :) This is just one lucky pod shape wise on a plant in which all the others have the more standard Bhut form. I love the way this one looks.

It was so crazy. I sliced it open, turned it over and capsaicin was so high that I just poured it out of the pod. I'm not joking. It would've filled an 1/8-1/4 tsp most likely. Holy crap.

I find seed count to be very low in these pods though.`

Chris

P1100008.jpg

Well JungleRain, you certainly know what Yellow and Chocolate makes. :) This is just one lucky pod shape wise on a plant in which all the others have the more standard Bhut form. I love the way this one looks.

It was so crazy. I sliced it open, turned it over and capsaicin was so high that I just poured it out of the pod. I'm not joking. It would've filled an 1/8-1/4 tsp most likely. Holy crap.

Chris

P1100008.jpg

I want i want i want.....

Just a quick update....
I haven't had much time to weed lately, so got a start onto it today,
almost finished the back yard with the front yard still to go.
More pics to follow this weekend....

They are all 7pot/pods and Trinidad Scorpion Varieties in these 2 raised beds

PC010128.jpg

Just a quick update....
I haven't had much time to weed lately, so got a start onto it today,
almost finished the back yard with the front yard still to go.
More pics to follow this weekend....

They are all 7pot/pods and Trinidad Scorpion Varieties in these 2 raised beds

PC010128.jpg

Grant,
Your plants look nice and uniform. How long have they been in the beds...

Greg

Hey JR nice update and looking like you are in for a bumper crop to get more of those great sauces going.

Just a quick question on one variety you grow/have seed of. With Blondie how do you know the pods are ripe?? I have plenty of pods but I am not sure because of the uniform/pale colour when/if they are ripening??

That pod looks really mean Chrisand I know what you mean about the capsaicin content, those pods are full of liquid gold, I'm growing out the next generation this season, fingers crossed it just keeps getting better....

Chris

P1100008.jpg

Impressive list, good luck.

Interesting purity of variety... looking good.

WOW. Raised beds of PAIN. :)

Chris

Thanks Guys

Hey JR nice update and looking like you are in for a bumper crop to get more of those great sauces going.

Just a quick question on one variety you grow/have seed of. With Blondie how do you know the pods are ripe?? I have plenty of pods but I am not sure because of the uniform/pale colour when/if they are ripening??

Thanks Trippa
with the blondie I just left them until I though it was long enough then tasted one every now and then till I thought they were ripe,
also latter in the seasonmine tended to have a purplish blush on them from the sun.....
these pods had a great flavour and were very crisp and crunchy to bite into also the aroma was of a very strong pineapple smell,
I wish I had of grown this again this season. I will again next season though...

Back