Just another newbie

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for some time now, it has been very helpful to grow my first chili pepper plant ever "Bhut Jolokia"

I have been gardening for some years now but never tried chili peppers (called just chilli here, we reserve the word pepper for the real pepper), but that changed after I read about Bhut...

Its been a wonderful journey till now with my Bhuts, they have just started forming flower buds and I am hopping to harvest some by end of October

I had seen the below plant in a village and its called "Kappal Milagai" which literally means Ship peppers, probably because they came through some one who traveled abroad on a ship or because the pods are erect as a ships sail....

not sure which variety this is though?

leafandflower.jpg
pepper_pods.jpg
flower.jpg
flower2.jpg

Regards,
Sujai

:welcome: from the PacificNorthWest!

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina in North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] "The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite"[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]

Back